Author Topic: Best way to lose stomach fat? (Pics included)  (Read 7489 times)

Offline soccerplaya

• Bronze Member
Hey,

I'm 16 and my nipples are exactly like yours, I think our only hope of them returning to normal besides surgurey is a natural miracle. I have stubborn stomach fat too, even though im very active and work out alot it wont go away... I think its just the way my body is made. Im going to try train even more this year to hopefully burn more BF. Ive been doing crunches (50 uppers 50 lowers, 25 each side) for 2 years and I've developed a nice six pack, but its not really defined because I have a little more fat around the stomach.

good job losing the fat... you get what you put into it.

try doing some chest wieght lifting too.

Offline snugs

• Posting Member
Thanks for the posts everyone.  I haven't been keeping up with my workout routine for about a week since school just picked up again REALLY quickly, but I'm planning on going back again this week.

Snugs - sometimes honesty is the best policy.  Thanks for your input.  Could you suggest a good lifting routine?  I really don't have time to go to the gym, so if you have anything with either free or weighted body weight traing, or any resistance band exercises, I'm game.  What with working 25-30 hours a week and taking 17 credits, my days are just packed with so much freakin' work!  Thanks a lot for all of the advice!

An hour a day three times a week is all you'll need. I work 40 hours a week and am taking a full credit load too. If I can find time to hit the gym, so can you.

This routine is not a creation of my own. It is one put together by a person on a fitness forum I'm on. It's based on a routine put together by Bill Starr, a world-renowned fitness and strength coach. It works wonderfully.

A few things to keep in mind:

1) Learn how to properly do all of the exercises before you do them with any heavy weight. Done properly there is not much risk for injury. However if you screw up your form you risk really hurting yourself - especially with deadlifts and squats. Take a look around at various weightlifting sites for examples of proper form. If you can't find any, let me know.

2) The workout is only one aspect of adding muscle. What is even more important is your diet. To add mass you need to eat more calories than your body burns, and a large portion of those calories should be protein. You should get about 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight per day. Just how many calories per day you need can vary greatly dependingon the individual. I know guys who lose weight at 3500 calories per day. I can gain eating 2500/day. What you personally need is just something you'll have to figure out.

If you don't want to be anal about your calories, just pig out on generally healthy foods all day. Since you were once overweight I doubt your metabolism is so fast that you'll need to eat an insane amount of food.

3) Don't be afraid to put on some fat. That's just what happens when you're eating to gain mass. If you're really busting your ass in the gym you'll be adding more muscle mass than fat anyways.

4) If you start eating big you can put on 5 or 10 pounds of water weight in your first week or two. After that you should be gaining about a pound per week. If you gain less than that, try eating more. If you're gaining more than a pound per week and you think you're adding a lot of fat, drop your calorie intake some (250 to 500 calories/day is a good amount). If you don't think it's fat, just keep on doing what you're doing :)

This took me to 400 squat 250ish bench 425 deadlift in a very short amount of time. i think this kind of program is what a lot of people need to be using on f&n, as a lot of you have no base, muscle mass, and lack strength. quit worrying aobut elaborate programs, eat and do this and you'll have a strong base in no time. don't whine about bench/squat/dead in the same workout as most of you can easily handle that.

Monday
Squats-5x5(Do four progressively heavier sets of 5 with the 5th set being your 5RM.)
Deadlifts-5x5(Do the same)
Bench Press-5x5(Do the same)
Incline DB Press-2x12-20

Wednesday
Light Squats or Lunges-4x8 each leg
Good Mornings-3x8-12
Shoulder Press-5x5 or Dips-4xmax until you get 12 each time. then add weight.
Pullups-4xmax

Friday
Squats-warmup to a 3 reps with 5 more lbs than you used on Monday. On the following monday use this weight for your 5th set.
Bent Over Row-5x5
Incline Bench-5x5
Tricep Extensions-2x12-20

Offline kidfromtv

• Posting Member
  • The Kid From TV
Wow.  Thanks so much for all of that juicy information!  I really really appreciate it!  I will try to get down to the gym more often.  At my school, we get free access to our 2 school gyms - the only problem is that it I commute down there everyday, so it's an extra like 25 minutes away.  I'll just have to figure out a routine that works for me.  I really appreciate the advice, man!

Offline snugs

• Posting Member
Wow.  Thanks so much for all of that juicy information!  I really really appreciate it!  I will try to get down to the gym more often.  At my school, we get free access to our 2 school gyms - the only problem is that it I commute down there everyday, so it's an extra like 25 minutes away.  I'll just have to figure out a routine that works for me.  I really appreciate the advice, man!

No problem.

Stick with it and you'll be amazed at what you can do. You're lean enough now that you'll see gains really quickly - within a month or two for sure.

Offline Bakajin

• Bronze Member
2) The workout is only one aspect of adding muscle. What is even more important is your diet. To add mass you need to eat more calories than your body burns, and a large portion of those calories should be protein. You should get about 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight per day. Just how many calories per day you need can vary greatly dependingon the individual. I know guys who lose weight at 3500 calories per day. I can gain eating 2500/day. What you personally need is just something you'll have to figure out.  

Although the 1.0-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight theory has been going around bodybuilding and weight training circles since long before I started training I've still yet to see much independant research that proves it to be true.  The recommended daily intake of protein for a regular person is 0.8 grams per KILO of bodyweight (which works out to 0.36 grams per pound).  Studies have shown that higher levels of protein intake can improve muscle gain of around 1.4 to 1.8 per kilo of bodyweight can maximise growth but that higher levels of intake do not provide further benefit.  Of course this research doesn't take into account people using a large amounts of (illegal) drugs to supplement their training so their protein requirements may or may not be different.

I've been doing weight training seriously for 9 years and during that time my protein intake has only been around 60-100grams when I'm training normally, and 120-150 grams when I'm in a heavy lifting phase.  This is at a bodyweight of 200 pounds which seems to put me in line with the research.  My strength gains haven't been handicapped at all considering I've come close to a 2xBW bench and 3xBW squat & deadlift in the past all drugfree.  I have tried 200-250grams per day but didn't feel any benefit from it and it was expensive to maintain, both in terms of money and calories.  

Offline snugs

• Posting Member

Although the 1.0-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight theory has been going around bodybuilding and weight training circles since long before I started training I've still yet to see much independant research that proves it to be true.  The recommended daily intake of protein for a regular person is 0.8 grams per KILO of bodyweight (which works out to 0.36 grams per pound).  Studies have shown that higher levels of protein intake can improve muscle gain of around 1.4 to 1.8 per kilo of bodyweight can maximise growth but that higher levels of intake do not provide further benefit.  Of course this research doesn't take into account people using a large amounts of (illegal) drugs to supplement their training so their protein requirements may or may not be different.

I've been doing weight training seriously for 9 years and during that time my protein intake has only been around 60-100grams when I'm training normally, and 120-150 grams when I'm in a heavy lifting phase.  This is at a bodyweight of 200 pounds which seems to put me in line with the research.  My strength gains haven't been handicapped at all considering I've come close to a 2xBW bench and 3xBW squat & deadlift in the past all drugfree.  I have tried 200-250grams per day but didn't feel any benefit from it and it was expensive to maintain, both in terms of money and calories.  

Unfortunately there isn't much respectable research in this area at all. At least not that I have run across.

1 to 1.5 grams per pound is a general guideline that ensures you are getting enough protein. Everybody is different, and his body might know just what to do with all that meat. I'd rather he have more than enough available for his body to use, than not enough to maximize his potential.

I personally can feel the difference in myself when I have 140 grams of protein/day over a period of time, vs. 180 or 200 grams. I haven't tracked it scientifically, but i have noticed that i generally feel better when more of my calories are made up of protein. That's by no means scientific proof, but i feel it's worth mentioning.

In reality specific numbers don't matter as much as people think. You can have just about anyone who's thin 1) pig out and 2) work their arse off in the gym, and they'd get results they will be thrilled with. But not everyone really knows what it is to pig out, or bust their butt, so I got a little more specific. As he learns more about weight training he can adjust his diet to his own personal needs based on his own experiences.

One thing i forgot to mention was sleep. You should get 8+ hours a night to maximize your body's growth potential.

Eat big, lift big, sleep big, get big.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024