Author Topic: I could use some insight, brothers-  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Louis_81

Hi friends and fellow moob sufferers,
I have had a big chest as long as I can remember- at least 18 years now. I have always been a big guy, over 200lbs since my early teens. Now, I am 31, 5'9" and 240 lbs.
I have lost weight in the past, around 60 lbs 5 years ago.
I still had the chest issue, although instead of being a B cup, I was a big A...
Being a bigger guy doesnt bother me much. Well, not as much as sporting a pair of breasts. I have a good life, a beautiful wife, great friends and we're planning on starting a family soon.

I am on a rowing team, I enjoy it- but I absolutely despise the uniforms. Tight spandex shirts. During the last competition, I went as far as buying a lower back support strap, modifying it and wearing it around my chest to try to hide the moobs. All I got was questions from people who could see the strap through my shirt...
"oh that?.. I injured my ribs..."
Right. How could I row with injured ribs!??
Enough is enough.

So I made an appointment with Dr. Zelt in MTL asap.
I met him on monday. Cool guy- I felt at ease with him.
Let's do it!
Liposuction and excess skin removal with regrafting of the nipples.
Price: 5800$... Holy sh*t.
I got approval for financing- I wasnt worried about that. But as I said earlier, we want to start a family. Buy a home. You guys know, live!
So I'm on the fence...
Get it done and increase my debt (at 15% interest btw) or never, ever, EVER take my shirt off at the pool, beach or whatever. Basically like I have done for the past 18 years of my life.
The other day the guys and I were playing football at the park... Shirts vs skins. I actually threatened physical violence if I were on the "skins" team.

So here's my dilemma boys;
Eliminate something that has bothered me all these years, assume the debt (±9000$ over 5 years, which is more than half a down payment for my future home) and be able to wear shirts without hunching my shoulders to hide my chest.

Or....

Continue living with it and just accept the way I was made. Heck, I've made it this far...

When I flip a coin, I do hope it lands on the side that means surgury, while its still in the air. But its the money that bothers me. Is it selfish to deprive my wife and unborn child of what I could do with that 9000$?

My parents tell me I am loved. And I am. But thats not the point. Its a confidence thing...

My torso hasnt really seen natural sunlight since I was a kid.

Thanks for reading and any advice or feedback would be absolutely appreciated.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:07:56 PM by Louis_81 »

Monkey83

I personally believe that it would be beneficial to your future family, in so much as you will not be suffering and it won't limit the activities you can do with them. I say do it up.

Offline Louis_81

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024