Author Topic: Is it a bad sign I can't find anyone whos had surgery with a certain dr on here?  (Read 2553 times)

Offline skipnut

• Posting Member
Not sure if I can name the dr, but I can't find any reviews!!! makes me skeptical

Offline puffynipsman

• Posting Member
I couldn't find my surgeon on this site either, but he did a fantastic job—at least based on my results so far.

Do your research and choose someone who is willing to perform both excision and lipo, has done many gyne surgeries, and has photos to back up his work. Educate yourself by reading the threads on this site and you will make a wise decision.

Offline Istillneedsurgery

• Posting Member
 I personally would only get my surgery done by a DR that has reviews on here and has tons of before and after pictures. But I have noticed a few posters on here that have great results otherwise. Just do alot of research first! It is sad when people post 'butchered' pictures of themselves on here. Choose wisely and make sure you feel comfortable with your decision, it is a very big decision!

Offline yelp

• Posting Member
I am skinny and only have gland.  I am told he is going to make an incision under my armpit and use ultrasonic lipo to help break up the gland, then a multi jointed cutting tool to remove the rest.  I would rather have scars under my arms but this sounds kinda sketchy.

Offline Istillneedsurgery

• Posting Member

Offline yelp

• Posting Member
there are like 15 on his website, he says he does like 75 a year.  I am having trouble getting him to show me more

Offline nomore-jiggles

• Posting Member
yelp I think I had your doctor it sounds similar, was he in the san fernando valley?

Offline yelp

• Posting Member
from plano tx, did you get gland removal through the armpit??

Offline nomore-jiggles

• Posting Member
yes I did.  He used the cannula tool method which allows him to get to the source through the armpit.  I just checked in the mirror right now, and I can't even see any scarring. I'm 4 1/2 months post op.  I look alot better than pre-op.  I wouldn't say I'm completely satisfied but it's not going to look perfect. you have to be realistic about this. My left side is a little puffier than the right side, but I can still wear a tshirt and a tanktop comfortably. I've been going to the beach alot. Hopefully my left side will go down a little bit as I have heard it takes up to 6 months for the final results. 

I was skeptical at first when he talked about the cannula tool, but he said if it wasn't successful he would use excision with no hesitation, so that was comforting.  I do believe this guy knew his stuff he is well respected and I've talked with other men who have used him as well. Does excision work better than the cannula?  I have to say I think the consensus would indicate so. You have to go with your gut.  My gut told me to trust this guy. He said this method would probably be more suitable for someone with my gyne. I'm 5-10 around 175.  I think it worked out quite well. I'm not jumping up and down yet (still waiting for the 6 month mark to do that...fingers crossed.) but I'm still comfortable at the beach and pools.  It's probably alot safer for the doctor to do it this way and minimizes scarring from what I've heard.  I hope this helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024