Poll

What age were you when you first discovered your chest/nipples growing?

pre 10
33 (9.3%)
10-13
184 (52.1%)
14-17
66 (18.7%)
18-22
17 (4.8%)
22-30
13 (3.7%)
30+
40 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 326

Author Topic: Age of Onset  (Read 56713 times)

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Merangue, what you're parents said to you was probably the most FuCked up shit I've ever heard. Damn that would suck if that happened to me. How do they react now? Do they know about you're problem?
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
about 20, when I was working in middle east. Its gotten a lot bigger tho in last 5 years since my hormone levels went haywire!

Offline Trycer6

• Posting Member
I remember I was in sixth grade and I saw another kid take off his shirt after a football game and I thought "wow, I wish I could do that." That's the first memory I have anyway. I kind of thought they were normal and would eventually go away because I was fed misinformation from a bunch of doctors who would rather lie to me than deal with the problem. Fuckers. Anyway I didn't have to deal with much teasing until about my sophomore year in high school when I was playing basketball on the "skins" team and two older kids squirted water all over my boobs and played with them. I quit basketball pretty soon after that. At a party in my junior year some guy who I was kind of friends with kept sneaking up behind me, grabbing my moobs and yelling "BOOBS!" I didn't do anything at the time because I was too embarrassed but later in the year when he was having a party I called the cops on it and they got busted and he got suspended from school... fucker. No one ever knew I called the cops either. But yeah I guess I first noticed them when I was about 10 or 11. Before that I was REALLY skinny and had no moobs of any sort, but then I started to put on weight and the breast tissue started to grow... very strange...

Offline pat

• Posting Member
When we went swimming at the pool the boys would have a completion as to had the best cleaverage, by forearms into their chests, and guess who would win, but no one really gave it a second thought, it was just a part of growing up.
It was later in life breasts had growth spurt, probable a combination of age and medications and now I have vary nicely shaped B 42 breasts that I rather enjoy ::) ::)   
Patricia

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
When we went swimming at the pool the boys would have a completion as to had the best cleaverage, by forearms into their chests, and guess who would win, but no one really gave it a second thought, it was just a part of growing up.
It was later in life breasts had growth spurt, probable a combination of age and medications and now I have vary nicely shaped B 42 breasts that I rather enjoy ::) ::)   

Good for you Pat!  I too am happy to have my boobs although I can see how it could be upsetting for very young guys who are not as confident as us yet.
 Lucky I didnt get mine until I was in my 20's & not many have been brave enough to make fun of me since then as I can take care of myself fairly well!

Offline kevo

• Posting Member
It nice to see that its not always the end of the world when you have breasts good on you pat its mind over matter with me i accept it and its a part of me now thanks kevo

Offline 34andReady

• Posting Member
13-14 or so, suddenly noticed something under the skin that shouldn't be there.  think it was fast, too.  high school is the wrong time to get it. 

Pretty much the same for me.  I answered 14-17 in the poll because I think it was closer to 14.  It was 20 years ago so I can't remember exactly.  But like the poster I quoted, I started noticing something there that didn't belong around age 13-14.  Within 2 years I realized that I had to go into full concealing mode.  And the only time I can ever remember anyone saying anything to me was during a soccer practice in high school during a shirts/skins scrimmage.

The problem I always had...  I am a SMALL guy.  Only 5'-5" and only around 140 lbs.  So my gyne sticks out like a sore thumb if I'm not paying attention.

Offline Liandoolb

• Posting Member
You know, I have no idea when it actually started. For a long time as a kid I was somewhat 'overweight' - not the largest kid you've seen, but pretty chubby nonetheless. I remember when I was about 9 being forced to do a stupid dance in compulsory performing arts which required us to be shirtless as part of the costume (nothing seedy - it was for an 'indigenous' type dance). Another boy looked at my nipples and said 'they are really big'. I remember being self-conscious of them even further back than this - as if I always knew I was somehow 'different' and couldn't just take off my shirt like other guys, so this comment stuck with me even more, as did many others which came afterwards through late primary school / early secondary school.

I realised I might have gyno when I was about 15. I lost A LOT of weight and became extremely slim. I worked out partly in an effort to get rid of what I thought was merely 'man boobs' due to my weight and being unfit. Needless to say, the fat went away, the 'boobs' did not. I started doing some research on the web and realised I might have gyno.

I really have no idea when the actual 'onset' was though - for the longest time I honestly just thought it was because I was chubby. I wish that was just the case - it turned out a whole lot more complicated than that.  :(
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 11:04:57 AM by Liandoolb »

Offline MrSeb

• Posting Member
My first definite sign was not until last March, when I was 38, it took me ages to go and see a Doc, until the lumps really worried me, in December I was told I had Gyno. However reading this reminds me of a time when I was a teenage sunbathing in the back garden, my Mum came out with a cold drink and said 'Your nipples are very big for a boy', she got a typical teenage response, and I sulked for a while, but it makes me wander if this was just a precursor of things to come.

Offline qwertyis

• Posting Member
From my teens I always had a slight rounding of my chest, but I was small and thin. I never had much body hair except a little under my arms and pubic. I still only have facial hair above my lip and on my chin and very little hair on my cheeks. I am 1.65m tall and weigh 60kgs now. It was only when I got into my forties that I started getting real gyne. With the gyne started I also got more body hair on my chest and stomach. The gyne stopped growing a few years ago and have even got a little smaller, less sensitive and flatter in the last year.   

Offline shreyas24

• Posting Member
    • Best Hair Transplantation & Tummy Tuck Surgery in India
It usually appears at the age of 14 years.

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
I was I think 13 or 14..  took about 2 years for hormones to get stable.. I had to get testosterone shots for a year...

steven618

I am 28 and have developed gyne somehow. It started out un noticeable and thought it was muscle....i workout daily and had in recent moments began working my chest when i realized my shirts were getting tighter. I looked at my chest and noticed the outer sides of the chest were raised quite a bit but thought nothing of it outside of muscle. Then my chest became very itchy for a few days it was bizarre. Then at another peak I noticed my areolas were slightly bigger as well as the nipples. But it wasnt till I was with my ex and i was bending over sitting down to tie my shoes when she said "are you growing breasts" i was like ummm no.. and realized bending over my chest was hanging a bit. While they aren't round and protruding. They are still growing and while I'm not actually worried honestly about it I do hope they don't grow to be rather large like some people on here. I think since they can still be seen as normal and nothing wrong is why I'm not worried but i will definitely garner concern if they begin looking female.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is unusual to develop gyne at age 28 unless you have been taking steroids or supplements or some other meds.  Would suggest you consult an endocrinologist to try to determine a cause.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline rarnet

i noticed someware around the age of 10 to 11 , i was also one of the most embarrassed one

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024