Author Topic: been 3 years since i joined. here my story...  (Read 7513 times)

Offline camarojoe

• Posting Member
Typical. really no need for specifics - you all understand how gyne affects your mind....and my case is not even that pronounced.

bascially I was a 19 y.o. 145 skin-and-bones out of shape guy with fat little nipples, would not ever take my shirt off no matter what. felt terible about myself. I started hitting the weights hard. every day, really thought it would change everything. thats actually putting it lightly, I really changed my entire lifestyle.

well, 3 years later ive gained 50 pounds... now i have a big muscular chest, with fat little nipples and i still feel like shit about myself. pretty sad. I CONSTANTLY tug and grab them to make them errect. I even resort to wearing band-aids over the nipples when i go out when wearing a fitted shirt, it all just adds up to me feeling like crap.

really starting to strongly consider surery now - Ive had one surgeon turn me away because in his opinion My case was not bad enough...

heres some photos. I want to warn you guys that 1) Im 'hiding' my gyne here - my nipples are super errect, and im actaully trying to make my chest look as good as possible for the photo- i took them for my gf who lives in another state. and 2) there a little revealing - again, for the girl...

before:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/joed4640/132095263QKEMoI_ph.jpg

after:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/joed4640/P1010111.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/joed4640/112007_21211.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/joed4640/112007_21181.jpg

I know you guys may cast this off as 'nothing' or 'not bad'  and there are many here with worse. but i asure you I have masses under both nipples, and the nipples are a constant source of low self asteem. Ive worked so, so hard to try and rid myself of this naturally.

I do feel somewhat better about myself than 3 years ago, but only in certain situations - like when my nipples are errect, or im in the act of lifting weights. Im constantly grabbing and pulling on my nipples to errect them - which you all know is hopeless, and just makes me feel more self concious.

ill have to get some 'candid' shots up of my chest showing the nipples in the un-errect state so you guys can see the drastic diffrence. ive become pretty good at hiding them.

DrBermant

Typical. really no need for specifics - you all understand how gyne affects your mind....and my case is not even that pronounced.

bascially I was a 19 y.o. 145 skin-and-bones out of shape guy with fat little nipples, would not ever take my shirt off no matter what. felt terible about myself. I started hitting the weights hard. every day, really thought it would change everything. thats actually putting it lightly, I really changed my entire lifestyle.

well, 3 years later ive gained 50 pounds... now i have a big muscular chest, with fat little nipples and i still feel like shit about myself. pretty sad. I CONSTANTLY tug and grab them to make them errect. I even resort to wearing band-aids over the nipples when i go out when wearing a fitted shirt, it all just adds up to me feeling like crap.

really starting to strongly consider surery now - Ive had one surgeon turn me away because in his opinion My case was not bad enough...

heres some photos. I want to warn you guys that 1) Im 'hiding' my gyne here - my nipples are super errect, and im actaully trying to make my chest look as good as possible for the photo- i took them for my gf who lives in another state. and 2) there a little revealing - again, for the girl...

before:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/joed4640/132095263QKEMoI_ph.jpg

after:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/joed4640/P1010111.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/joed4640/112007_21211.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/joed4640/112007_21181.jpg

I know you guys may cast this off as 'nothing' or 'not bad'  and there are many here with worse. but i asure you I have masses under both nipples, and the nipples are a constant source of low self asteem. Ive worked so, so hard to try and rid myself of this naturally.

I do feel somewhat better about myself than 3 years ago, but only in certain situations - like when my nipples are errect, or im in the act of lifting weights. Im constantly grabbing and pulling on my nipples to errect them - which you all know is hopeless, and just makes me feel more self concious.

ill have to get some 'candid' shots up of my chest showing the nipples in the un-errect state so you guys can see the drastic diffrence. ive become pretty good at hiding them.

I operate on many professional athletes, marathon runners, bodybuilders and others.  Building muscle is great for the body in general.  They typically tell me that in building muscle, whatever sits on top of the muscle, just gets pushed further out.

You can see some of the many examples on site collected in this Body Building Gallery. Other examples are scattered around my site.

Wearing bandaids and tape can cause permanent scars.  Non-surgical Body Shaping Garments are a better option for Gynecomastia than tape options.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
  • There is life after Gynecomastia
First off, great job of adding muscle mass! I've started lifting too, and it does help with the self esteem issues. Keep up the great work!

Secondly, if one doc turns you away, find another one, and keep looking if it's important to you. I understand about how it gets you down, and while getting in shape is great, it can also suck. This is so because you finally start feeling good about yourself and body, and this gynecomastia thing keeps popping up. Now that the rest of your body is ready for clothes that fit, the effin moobs hold you back. I totally know how it feels.

Here is my doc's web site - http://www.drmoliver.com/basicpgs/frame.htm - I give it to you because he's great at what he does, and I also saw a pic during my pre-op of a guy he helped with a similar situation as yours.

Good Luck and keep hitting those weights. You're doing awesome! 8)
Here's my doc's web page: drmoliver.com

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
DrBermant, great work! Those before and after pics are awesome!

Offline itsgoingdown

• Posting Member
Due I'm also a bodybuilder with gyne. Going to the gym everyday's cool, but those nipples sticking out is really depressing. It's basically like having a good body but not even willing to hit the beach.

If it messes up you mentally and prevents you from succeeding see another doctor. Although I would say your case doesnt need any surgery and will maybe dissapear with some extra hard training. There are people much worse on this board who can through time rise up your self confidence  ;D

Good luck.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
I thought ur later pics were after surgery? :P. I think u look fucking great man.

Offline Swenip

• Posting Member

Yea i also thought the musclepics were after and uve had the surgery :P. i think u look great but if it really is bothering u surgery is the answer. And in your case it will probably be pretty cheap since u dont need any/or very little lipo. I think the healing time is shorter aswell when u only have a light excision done.

Offline camarojoe

• Posting Member
thanks for the replies fellas.

like I said above - im deliberatly trying to hide the puffy nipples in the photos. ill try to get some up that show the problem better.

itsgoindown has it right - ive worked my ass off for 3 years and have a body im decently proud of, but cant even enjoy it bc of the damn nipples.

and from what ive noticed - the larger my chest gets, the more the gland gets pushed out. so... really, bodybuilding isnt going to fix anything related to shrinking the gland

and, from what i understand and have been told. cosmetic surgery is cosmetic surgery and its still going to cost about $5,000. which isnt imposible for me - but will take some time to come up with. something im really going to have to consider now.

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
I had gyne on only my right side, and it was about $2000 for the surgery. $5000 sounds about right for both sides, but shop around, and you may find a good doc that can/will do it for less. Hell, don't be afraid to ask him/her to come down on the price. You may be amazed, especially if you're paying with cash.

Good Luck

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
whoa i  think i look a bit like your before photo what did you do to gain so much muscle? its hardly believable its the same person. im starting to lift weights a bit but i don't truly believe i can get to look anything like your after pics without drugs. any diet/workout routine?

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
whoa i  think i look a bit like your before photo what did you do to gain so much muscle? its hardly believable its the same person. im starting to lift weights a bit but i don't truly believe i can get to look anything like your after pics without drugs. any diet/workout routine?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I lift too. I'm not quite as big as the original poster, but it's really not hard to get big. The main thing is to keep working out, and make sure you're getting enough protein (your body weight in grams). Also read Men's Health (http://www.menshealth.com/cda/homepage.do). They have a ton of useful tips on diet and working out.

And yes, you can get that big and bigger without drugs.  :)

Good Luck

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
what do u mean by your bodyweight in grams? i weigh 70kg

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
i weigh 165 pounds, so my daily intake of protein should be no less than 165 grams.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Join www.muscletalk.co.uk . It is the best forum for all things fitness and weightlifting. I post there a lot under the same username. Come check us out!

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
i weigh 165 pounds, so my daily intake of protein should be no less than 165 grams.

ah right imperial :P i figured 70 grams was f-all im fairly sure i already eat that if not more.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024