Author Topic: been 3 years since i joined. here my story...  (Read 7530 times)

Offline camarojoe

• Posting Member
whoa i  think i look a bit like your before photo what did you do to gain so much muscle? its hardly believable its the same person. im starting to lift weights a bit but i don't truly believe i can get to look anything like your after pics without drugs. any diet/workout routine?

sure you can!! its all about hard work and dedication.
I NEVER took any drugs/ steroids, but I do use suppliments.
Gaining muscle is about two things: eating, and training. diet being 10x more important than the workout routine. you should be consuming at least 2x your bodyweight in protien to start and plenty of high quality complex carbs, and lots of mono-saturated fats.

personally, I train 5 times a week, cardio 3-4 times a week and eat like a horse. its that simple.

I would be more than happy to help you out setting up a diet and workout program for you.

Offline camarojoe

• Posting Member
... i'd be willing to help anyone else if there intereseted, not just maniac!!

I was looking in the photos section, and seems like alot of guys here could really benifit from weight-loss to improve on the gyne, and adding a little muscle never hurts either!

seems I will be going to see a local surgeon this week to see what he has to say. ill let you guys know what he says.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
that would be good actually. i have never really done a program for muscle gain so my fears are somewhat irrational ( did weights and cardio for weight loss for over a year) the main reason i get deflated is because i cant really visualise myself with more muscle (on my bone structure)  i get the impression i haven't been eating enough for muscle gain.
my typical diet is:

breafkast 5am - corn flakes and low fat soy milk (prob double recommended serve)
snack 9am - apple and or banana + coffee with low fat milk and 2 sugar
lunch noon  - salad with pita bread and ham or cold chicken (usually contains avocado cheese or walnuts for fat content)
second lunch 3pm - ive been trying to eat rice, pasta or stirfry (with no cheese) for extra energy, somtimes i dont eat this meal coz i cant be bothered making anything and sometimes its subway or similar
dinner 6pm - whatever mum makes lol. nearlly always contains a good serve of meat+3 vegetables but varies heaps.

somtimes have desert of low fat icecream and fresh fruit
nearly every day have 2 squares of dark chocolate

thats about it for during the week. since ive been eating the second lunch and really watching the fat ive started to notice im dropping fat (abs starting to show) but haven't lost any weight.

weekends is probably where i eat(drink) the worst, usually consume 10 cans or so of bourbon and coke or other alcohol. i don't see myself giving that up as its a social thing  so thats why i watch my fat intake so much. the other thing is i usually dont wake up till lunch on weekends then its often a pub lunch. so i might only eat 2 meals on a sat or sun.

anything stand out? i know the alcohol is probably the killer and im starting to look at that a bit more. ive allways been skeptical of diet coke and haven't used it because it doesn't taste as good and is meant to be bad for u although it seems like i could cut allot of calories by switching. do you drink much? i know some beers are low carb but tend to taste hollow and i couldn't drink any volume of it.

another thing ive noticed is that when i do drink heaps on a weekend or holiday i tend to actually lose weight rather than gain (prob coz running around pissed)

Offline camarojoe

• Posting Member
that would be good actually. i have never really done a program for muscle gain so my fears are somewhat irrational ( did weights and cardio for weight loss for over a year) the main reason i get deflated is because i cant really visualise myself with more muscle (on my bone structure)  i get the impression i haven't been eating enough for muscle gain.
my typical diet is:

breafkast 5am - corn flakes and low fat soy milk (prob double recommended serve)
snack 9am - apple and or banana + coffee with low fat milk and 2 sugar
lunch noon  - salad with pita bread and ham or cold chicken (usually contains avocado cheese or walnuts for fat content)
second lunch 3pm - ive been trying to eat rice, pasta or stirfry (with no cheese) for extra energy, somtimes i dont eat this meal coz i cant be bothered making anything and sometimes its subway or similar
dinner 6pm - whatever mum makes lol. nearlly always contains a good serve of meat+3 vegetables but varies heaps.

somtimes have desert of low fat icecream and fresh fruit
nearly every day have 2 squares of dark chocolate

thats about it for during the week. since ive been eating the second lunch and really watching the fat ive started to notice im dropping fat (abs starting to show) but haven't lost any weight.

weekends is probably where i eat(drink) the worst, usually consume 10 cans or so of bourbon and coke or other alcohol. i don't see myself giving that up as its a social thing  so thats why i watch my fat intake so much. the other thing is i usually dont wake up till lunch on weekends then its often a pub lunch. so i might only eat 2 meals on a sat or sun.

anything stand out? i know the alcohol is probably the killer and im starting to look at that a bit more. ive allways been skeptical of diet coke and haven't used it because it doesn't taste as good and is meant to be bad for u although it seems like i could cut allot of calories by switching. do you drink much? i know some beers are low carb but tend to taste hollow and i couldn't drink any volume of it.

another thing ive noticed is that when i do drink heaps on a weekend or holiday i tend to actually lose weight rather than gain (prob coz running around pissed)

hmmm. couple things I notice here, first - sounds like you are eating enough  meals through the day, but you are not eating enough protien and You want to completly eliminate any type of sugar from your diet, this includes simple sugars found in white flour/bread, cerals, white potatoes...etc. you need to consume lean protien (chicken breast, tuna, 90% lean beef, fish, whey protien powder....etc) at EVERY meal, and your carb source should be things like:

100% whole wheat breads
oats
sweet potatoes
brown rice  (my favortie)

fats are essential before bed, and you'll want to avois them before and after your workouts. healthy fats include

'raw' nuts - no salt, unroasted
natural peanut butter
avocados are good!

as far as you're drinking goes....10 cans of soda will ruin anything your trying to acomplish. try switching to diet soda, or even better just soda water. my drink of choice is a vodka soda. no sugar!

I drink too on the weekends, sometimes a little too much! its a part of our culture and social life for a young guy and its important to go and have a good time and socialize. remeber - everything in moderation...

and you only losing weight on the scale after drinking heavily because your extreamly dehydrated - not because you're burning fat. trust me. our muscles are made from 20% protien and 80% water!

when i drink alot of alcohol, I tend to avoid eating before bed, and consume a huge amount of water before i go to sleep - this helps.

head over to www.bodybuilding.com and read up on nutrition and basic training for a beginner. teach yourself everyting you need to know, and avoid all the 'experts' at the gym, and defanatly avoid any roids, or prohormoes, expecially with our condition. 90% of the guys in the gym dont know what they are talking about anyway!

the info is out there man, just gotta take the time to arm yourself with it.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
cheers, what is the story with not eating fats around workout? i feel like thats when i need the full feeling and energy (again talking unsaturated fats) coz im exhausted after work. i have tried vodka and soda water and i don't know how u can drink it! its just awful! maybe if i switch to a more expensive vodka? (usually Smirnoff red)  im going to try switching to wholemeal for the carbs. ive actually been a lurker on bodybuilding.com for ages but allot of the diets on there look far too time consuming, ill need to think about it some more but i don't know where to start with that forum. whey protein sounds like the go as an easier way of getting more protein (im guessing it tastes like ass tho).

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
Join www.muscletalk.co.uk . It is the best forum for all things fitness and weightlifting. I post there a lot under the same username. Come check us out!

bodybuilding.com > all (the forums)

I feel the only reason I went through with my surgery was because I loved to work out.  Having these puffy nips pulled me back and I often found myself losing motivation to go to the gym.  Once I knew I was getting the surgery, about 1 month before I went to the gym non-stop and loved it knowing I was going to rid myself of these titties.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
Join www.muscletalk.co.uk . It is the best forum for all things fitness and weightlifting. I post there a lot under the same username. Come check us out!

actually, bodybuilding.com is kinda the joke of all other body building related forums... that's where all the 15-17 yr old kids go to talk about steroids. i'd take anything learned there with a grain of salt. do yourself a favor and find a better board or at the VERY least, try to independently verify any info you get there.

just b/c theres 20 guys all saying the same thing, doesn't mean it's good advice...

Offline camarojoe

• Posting Member

actually, bodybuilding.com is kinda the joke of all other body building related forums... that's where all the 15-17 yr old kids go to talk about steroids. i'd take anything learned there with a grain of salt. do yourself a favor and find a better board or at the VERY least, try to independently verify any info you get there.

just b/c theres 20 guys all saying the same thing, doesn't mean it's good advice...

agreed.

my advise is to read the 'stickys' at the top of each section. specifically nutrition and excercises sections. dont listen to anyones crap, and defanatly avoid the 'suppliments' section.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024