Author Topic: 10 days  (Read 3069 times)

Offline throughmyeyes

• Posting Member
ten days post op
and it still looks like ive got boobs
should i expect a lot to change still?
=[

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are at the very beginning of your healing -- which may anywhere from 3-6 months or more.

There are many causes for possible swelling after surgery -- the doctor's technique, your compliance in wearing a very snug binder, sleeping positions, etc.  Whatever the cause, I would relax and let mother nature complete the healing process.

Keep in touch with your surgeon about your concerns -- he would be the best person to advise you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

ten days post op
and it still looks like ive got boobs
should i expect a lot to change still?
=[

10 days can be very early after surgery with some techniques.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

How Soon Do You See Results After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on many factors, we tend to see instant results for my patients.  However, I prefer to optimize Healing After My Male Chest Surgery such that early results are possible.

Firm tissues after surgery can be residual gland, but also can just be healing tissues or scars.  Different surgical techniques injure tissues to different degrees. Time to tissues softening can vary depending on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care,
Scar Care, After Surgery Compression Garments, and many other factors. Options depend on the problem to be treated. Time can range from 6 months to a year but can vary depending on many issues best explored with your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024