Author Topic: My Story  (Read 8109 times)

Offline dsosaa

Sorry for the length of this post, but I wish some one was so thorough when I was researched

My Pre-Gyno story
I'm a 17 year old male from Southern California. I've had gyne since i was about 11 years old. I've always hung around the popular group of guys and girls.. the beach, palm springs, laying out by the pool... ect. Living 10 minutes from the beach it's really hard to avoid taking off your shirt, unless you make lots and lots of excuses. I'm about 5'10 160 pounds and had a very fit and athletic body my whole life playing football, basketball, lacrosse ect. I can't tell you how many countless excuses and things i've done to avoid taking off my shirt in public. I worked out harder than anyone in the hopes it would take my gyne away, it never did. I finally got the courage to take off my shirt in front of some of my closest friends when I was 16, but still never felt in my own skin and constantly self-conscious. When walking against the wind, i'd have to constantly flick my shirt, before trips i'd freak out over if i had to take my shirt off and it completely left me in a psychological mess. I had everything going for me, but i was held back by one thing my gyne. I've been dating a girl the past couple of months who's totally surfer, jacuzzi, beach type of girl and it got me seriously worried about my summer and how i could avoid all of these activites. After a trip to Mammoth i finally couldn't take living with the condition anymore. I talked to my parents and my grandparents and they were very supportive, they had no idea about it because i had concealed it all the time.

Consultations
I met with two doctors before my surgery and went with the one with the better bedside manner and was a little more precautions about my recovery time. This was around January 6th 2010 and than i had scheduled my surgery for the 27th of January because i wanted to have near full results by summer.

Pre-Surgery
I didn't drink two weeks prior to my surgery, and i smoked weed a week before my surgery. I also stopped working out the week before so my body and muscles could be fully rested. I had to get my blood tests done, which i fainted as i'm afraid of needles. I kind of put the surgery into the back of my mind and didn't really think about it. It came sooner than expected and at times I had doubts because I had never gotten surgery before, but in my heart I knew that this was what I needed to be fully happy in life.

Surgery
Surgery... damn. Those anaesthesiolgists got some good shit all i can say. You don't feel a thing and next thing you know you wake up.

Post Surgery
This is where things got interesting. I left the hospital got home around 4 30. I arrived home and started laying in bed.. I obviously was drugged up still but i started feeling a burning sensation in my chest. All the sudden i looked down and my right side was swelled up to about a C cup breast. It was filled completely with blood, I had gotten a hematoma. I'm not sure if it was surgery error, or If i had moved around too much but it happened. We rushed back to the hospital and the doctor had to reopen my incision site and squeeze out most of the blood. He than suctioned alot of it out. This was the most painful part of the entire experience and i was worried it was really going to alter the healing.

The first two weeks of surgery I wore about compression band/wrap. Recovery was very hard for me because I'm such an active person. I found myself trying to move around a lot more than I should have. Most swelling went away in 2-3 weeks. My left side was healing far faster than the side which had the hematoma. I lost a considerable amount of weight and muscle. At 3 weeks  was already back at the gym doing light cardio/legs/ and upper body workouts not targeting my chest/back/shoulders. My doctor was mad at me for this was against his recommendation of 1 month but i felt like it was appropriate.

I'm now 5 weeks post surgery. And let me tell you. My conscious is clear. I was already a confident person, but now I just feel like i'm on top of the world. I walk around in a wife beater, I am not afraid to take off my shirt in front of my friends, I've already jacuzzid with a bunch of girls.Been to a Mardi Gras Party without my shirt on. I'm planning a hawaii trip this summer, i just feel like nothing can hold me back anymore

I RECOMMEND THIS SURGERY TO ANYONE WHO EVEN HAS THE SLIGHTEST DOUBT. Really, it's life changing. Before i'd be the one to avoid going siwming, the jacuzzi, ect. Now i'm the one who wants to. I love summer and am anticipating more than anything going to the beach and laying out by the pool. And just living life, the way it's meant to be lived, carefree.

Here's me a little thick from football season at 180 lbs in September 2009 Pre Gyne surgery

http://tinypic.com/r/119ax3b/6

http://tinypic.com/r/2ls7eq8/6

Here is 5 weeks into my Surgery March 3 2010 with scarguard scar remover is the white stuff

http://tinypic.com/r/2jbqefq/6

http://tinypic.com/r/16k7xh5/6

http://tinypic.com/r/2aaef6e/6

http://tinypic.com/r/54zqfc/6

if you guys got questions. just let me know on this forum i'll check regularly. i've been through it and i feel it's kind of my duty to help people out who have gone through what i have

cheers and best of luck :)

Offline WolfParade

• Posting Member
Holy shit, you are like a clone of me, at least you have an extremely similar story to mine and also your nipples before op were almost EXACTLY like mine before op.

I personally did the surgery 2 weeks ago, but I'm kind of worried (impatient I guess, but still).. You see, just like you my left side is .. normal, it's flat and perfect and normal and yay and wuhu and whatnot.

But the right side, man, the right side is REALLY swollen :( It's all blue and YELLOW.. Like a c-cup, like you decribed it. So I guess I have hematoma as well :/ You wrote that you went to the hospital and did something about it. Did that help? I'm gonna call up my doctor soon and ask about this, but I would like to hear you ellaborate on what/if that helped. Because if my chest keeps being as swollen as this for the next couple of months, I'm worried about training in 1 month post-op, even though my doctor told me I could in that time. Won't it HURT LIKE HELL on my chest if I for example play soccer and get a ball kicked hard at my chest or something like that?

If you can answer, I would be most appreciative!

Oh, and congrats on the amazing success! Everything seems to have worked out perfectly in the end for ya' :D

Offline dsosaa

Yeah it happened within the first night. I would try and get it taken care of as soon as possible. What he did was insert a painkiller into the breast via needle. He than squeezed out the blood with his hands trying to get as much as he could out. He than reopened the stitches and vacuum sucked out more of the reamining blood and than i assume used some type of machine to close the blood vessels that had broken I am not completely sure on that last part. It instantly took the size back down to normal flat size. As you can see on the right nipple there is a little bit of a trench almost where the nipple had to be reopened but i assume with time it will heal. The proceeding week or two the right side was more brusied than the left because it had experienced such a trauma but within time when the swelling subsided it returned to exactly normal. I got it taken care within the first hour it happened after surgery. I'd call up your surgeon ASAP to see if it's something that needs to be taken care of. I didn't have any drains in me so there was nowhere for the fluid to go and i believe they only way of removing it is naturally through time but if the swelling is as big as you say, i think it manually has to be removed. Hope that helped! it was rather painful and your body over time has a pretty efficient process of returning everything to near normal! Let me know if you got another Q's

Offline helpmeplease

• Posting Member
congrats dude. it looks great. mine looked exactly like yours before operation and im only 2 weeks post op. i can only hope mine comes out as good as yours.

did you have much swelling? it seems like mine have swollen up to almost the size they were pre op. although i know its impossible for it to be permanent just due to the sheer amount of tissue removed

Offline daewoo123

• Posting Member
Looks good brother, I didn't read the whole thing, but who was your surgeon? Seems like he did a pretty good job.

Offline dsosaa

my Dr. was Christopher Costanzo in Thousand Oaks CA

Offline Jan1010

• Posting Member
What do you feel when you pinch your nips now?  I am over 4 mos post op and I still have something there.  Not sure if it is swelling, or damaged tissue, or scar tissue, or what.  I have resection (sp.) surgery where only my glad was removed as I am very fit.  But now being 4 mos post-op it almost looks like I still have the gland there.  Any insights?

p.s. I was flat as could be after the 2nd day when my bandages were first removed.

Thanks

Offline bballer14

Dude your story is so like mine... I have everything going for me except this one thing which is always bringing me down. Thanks for the post and all the info

Holy shit, you are like a clone of me, at least you have an extremely similar story to mine and also your nipples before op were almost EXACTLY like mine before op.
Same here, except I haven't got the surgery yet. I'm a 19 year old saving up money and trying to think of a way to go about this without letting my family/friends know, because I don't think they would agree with the decision..

Offline julio

• Posting Member
Congrats man! Theres been drastic change in pre n post op.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024