Author Topic: Cause for my gynecomastia  (Read 2186 times)

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
I'm looking through tons of photos of me over the past few years as my gynecomastia has slowly but surely gotten worse. I don't know if it is from weight gain, medicines, alcohol, or hormonal changes. I may never know. But I'm going to do everything I can to find out...

I've read klonopin can cause gynecomastia- but have not read that in any websites talking about klonopin- only on a couple (2 maybe) talking about gynecomastia. I don't take klonopin, but rather a sibling- xanax. Xanax isn't on the list but since essentially does the same thing- I'm wondering what EXACTLY about klonopin "causes" gynecomastia? Can anyone provide feedback to that?

Next on the list- alcohol. Is there something about alcohol that causes gyne- or is it that it CAN affect the liver which from what I read has something to do with the processing of hormones?? What is it about alcohol that causes gyne?

Next- Tagamet. I've read this in numerous places and as soon as I found out stopped taking it. For the past 4-5 years I've been taking Tagamet as my heartburn medicine. For months at a time I would take it as a precaution just to avoid getting heartburn. It was always on and off, but I've definitely taken my fair share of Tagamet. What is it about Tagamet that causes gynecomastia?

I just began searching my photos, and while it's difficult to say how bad it was at any given time- I can say judging by the shirt whether or not it was picked out due to being self conscious about my chest. There are some tshirts that I wore back then and looked decent in, but now I won't wear it.
I see 2 possibilities for the reasoning. 1. My chest was smaller back then. OR 2. My chest wasn't much smaller at all, but over the years grew more self conscious about it and noticed in certain lighting, certain shirts, certain angles- my moobs didn't look right. This makes it almost impossible to determine at what point they grew.

Tomorrow I plan to call my doctor and have the nurse pull my file and read my weigh ins over the last 4-6 years. To see how my weight was. Sometimes being slightly overweight makes the moobs less noticeable, so at my heaviest pictures it may look like nothing, but it could be because I'm fatter in general...

I'm on a journey, and these questions I've asked I hope someone has an answer to.
As a recap the questions basically were : What is it about alcohol, tagamet, and klonopin that causes gynecomastia. (also, can xanax cause gyne)

Thanks for any and all feedback!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:05:48 PM by hatemymoobs »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024