Author Topic: Are some cases of gynecomastia reversible?  (Read 2184 times)

Offline new2gyno

I was very recently diagnosed with gynecomastia.  My blood tests all came back normal (liver and hormonal panels).  The endocrinologist asked if there was anything I was taking and I told him the only thing was Pepcid.  He said that can cause gyno and to stop taking it.  That was about 8 months ago when I first experienced nipple pain and firmer than normal tissue under the mipples.

After about two months of not taking Pepcid I noticed a reduction in pain for about a month or so.  Last week I noticed a lump on one of my breasts (about a centimeter by 1/2 centimeter).  Firm and painful to the touch.  The nipple sensitivity also returned.  I went in that they said it was gyno.

After some web searching I read in a couple of places that gyno caused by famotidine was reversible and others that said it wasn't. 

Is there any consensus on whether this type of drug induced gyno is reversible?

I should also note that I have had low T for about the last 5 years or so.  It's in the normal range but at the very low end.

Also, do doctors in the US prescribe things like Clomiphese, Tamox etc to treat gynecomastia? 

Anyway, thanks in advance for any insight you might be able to provide.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024