Author Topic: Kenalog shots actually do work!!!  (Read 4886 times)

Offline Jt1856

• Posting Member
Hello Everyone, I am writing this post as follow up to my previous post. Long story short i had gyne surgery on May 1st on this year. ( I had excision and lipo). Everything was nice and flat after surgery but as time passed my nipples went slowly back to puffy again and looked almost like my pre-op condition. I was very depressed and confused at the same time because i had read about some surgeons not talking enough gland.. etc ..etc. At the 3 month mark i went to see my surgeon and he gave me some kenalog injections. These injections are given to help literally melt scar tissue because scar tissue can build up after surgery especially directly behind the nipple causing it to look puffy again. Within a week i saw a 50% reduction in puffiness and these injections take up to 8 weeks to yield a result. I want everyone to know that kenalog does work on scar tissue and it can be very effective in treating residual puffy nipples due to scar tissue build-up. I have attached some photos as proof.

Offline ev426

• Posting Member

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, properly injected, Kenalog does work remarkably well.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline initialize

Dumb question but how do we know if there’s scar tissue under the nipples? I’m about 7 months post op and my nipples are slightly puffy when they’re not hard, but I don’t feel anything under the nipples.

I can’t tell if it’s because of tissue under the nipples or if my areolas are just genetically bigger than I’d like them to be

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If the nipples were flat for a time after surgery -- and then puffed up -- more than likely it is the growth of scar tissue under the areola.  Trying to "feel" for scar tissue is a fool's errand -- the fact that the areola is puffy is all the evidence you really need.

Kenalog may be of help.  Speak to your surgeon.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024