Author Topic: Gyno sufferer, what are my options?  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Wheaty

• Posting Member
Hi there,

Im from the UK and I am 17 years old (turned 17 in June).

I suffer from gynecomastia or "gyno" and its been haunting me for as long as I can remember.

I have very puffy nipples, I can feel a fatty ring.

I went to the NHS and saw a plastic surgeon, he stated that it does not look that bad and that if they do surgery they might take away too much tissue and then the nipple will indent IN- rather than out.

Obviously, I was very unhappy.

Anyhelp would be very, very appriciated.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 12:56:55 AM by Wheaty »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
not a uk resident, but gp's are by nature generalists and know gyne only superficially at best and may not be as sympathetic about its destructive effects.  what he says can be true, but possibly not if done by someone who knows his stuff better and knows alternative techniques.  you could pay a private ps for an exam and even take the info back to the gp.  then get a referral to somebody who's more qualified to do a careful job of it.  

welcome to the boards, and be sure to look over the uk section of the find a surgeon commentary.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If the condition does not resolve on its own, There are but two alternatives. Have the breasts reduced surgically or learn to cope whith what you have.

Reality is really quite stark.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024