Author Topic: 7 months after surgery and 50 lbs later, GREAT results (w/ pics)  (Read 2938 times)

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
I had a double mastectomy with nipple graft done for semi-severe gynecomastia done about 7 months ago by Dr.  Helen James in Bellingham,  WA. Since then i have also lost 50 from dieting and working out.  The results so far have been absolutely stellar.  Now I hit the club and hot girls wanna dance with me..  hot women say I'm attractive.  I'm no longer self conscious about being shirtless.  I can go swimming!  I wear skin tight shirts that show off my chest muscles..  I seriously never tthought the results could be this good or my life could change this much.. I still have 20 more lbs to lose, but I'm already considered "hot".. thats a first for me!

In a couple weeks I'm getting some minor touch up surgery done for free by my surgeon, which is pretty standard for a case like mine.  The way they sew the skin shut at the scars leavesome little points on the edges she calls "dog ears", which she's going to snip off, and a  little bit of lypo on the flanks to even it out.  I'm excited that it will better than it already does, which I can't believe.

Also my insurance originally said they would approve the surgery, then later denied me..  so I had to pay the bills out of pocket.  I'm still paying some of them,  but ill be done in a few months.  I'm not too bitter, it was well worth every penny.  Really it was the best thing I ever did. Here's before and after pics.

What do you guys think?

Offline xelnaga13

Awesome Awesome Awesome!! Im glad to see that you used your ability to get surgery as a starting point to improve your over all health.

My insurance sent me a letter saying they would cover everything. I was so paranoid that I asked for a second letter and made 6 confirmation calls prior to surgery. After I had the surgery my insurance disputed 5grand worth of the surgery, stating that it wasn't covered anymore. Thankfully my surgeon was able to change the wording in his report to meet their new standards for coverage, and eventually they covered it. But ive hear horror stories where they approve only to refuse pay out after surgery.

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member

But ive hear horror stories where they approve only to refuse pay out after surgery.

Yeah..  well the thing was my insurance didn't explicitly approve it. They just told my surgeon to go ahead and do it. They never requested more paperwork ahead of time,  but it was true that ii ddidnt meet their BMI requirements aat the time, so if they had asked for more paperwork they would have denied me.  But the good thing is, because all the parties involved thought that insurance was going to pay them, not only did they require no money from me up front (I make 70k but have no savings), but also they ended up only charging me the contracted insurance rate, which was about half price of what i would have had to pay without insurance! So it only ended up costing like $7k all together..  normally it would have been probably closer to 13 or 15k.  

And the ironic thing is I'm not sure I would have been able to lose the weight to meet their BMI requirements, if I had been denied (although I'm skinny enough to meet them now) because I would have been too self conscious to go to the gym!  Now I rock a skin tight wife beater and puff my chest out at the gym, with tons of confidence...

And in reality I can afford the bills, it has just taken a while,  and my tax return helped... But all in all I think things turned out for the better! Still the best decision I ever made.

Actually I saw an ex gf that had dumped me the month before the surgery..  I saw her at the club a few days ago and she thought i looked hot and wanted to go home with me..  truthfully I would never take her back, but I took her home and had my redemption lol.

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
Wow! That is some good results!  I hope to get my chest that flat.  My chest is a little smaller but looks the same as yours. 

Offline siphon

• Silver Member

hammer

Nice outcome, great job and congrats on the weight loss!

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
Awesome Awesome Awesome!! Im glad to see that you used your ability to get surgery as a starting point to improve your over all health.

My insurance sent me a letter saying they would cover everything. I was so paranoid that I asked for a second letter and made 6 confirmation calls prior to surgery. After I had the surgery my insurance disputed 5grand worth of the surgery, stating that it wasn't covered anymore. Thankfully my surgeon was able to change the wording in his report to meet their new standards for coverage, and eventually they covered it. But ive hear horror stories where they approve only to refuse pay out after surgery.

What was the wording that needed to change? Do actual plastic surgeons accept insurance or just general surgeons? Cantbeliveit right on bro im proud your hitting the gym hard keep it up looking well and happy

Offline abcdlr

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024