Author Topic: How much does revision cost with fielding?  (Read 5642 times)

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
Im starting to think i may need one

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
I just had my consultation with him and he advise me to go for revision surgery. He quote me 2 rates. One is $1000 + tax+ $150 for hospital - $ 1210, if I go with local anesthesia ( which surgery will be done in small room in hospital) or more than couple of thousand if I want my full body to be on sleep and done in large surgery room. He says, it is better to go with option 1. And he do that kind of surgery 100's of in year. He explain me everything about that route. They will inject the fluid in near my nipple area. So whole thing will be swolen in 5 mintues and then they will do LIPO to remove all fat near by that area. Only thing is I will see what's going on arround me........scary thing. But he says to go for that one.

I havn't decided yet. But make you sure that this charges are just for LIPO as I don't have any gland tissue left. It's just a fat. So he has to do LIPO not the actual scar operation. So OHIP won't cover any cost.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
ok that is just a 2nd surgery iwouldn't exacty call it a revision.  if the surgeon believes that the result is not what should have been, he does the surgery for free. if its only a matter of opinion (if you think you would like more but that the result is pretty much what he expected at first, he will charge you) my revision was free and i would have been very mad if i had to pay again.
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
I just had my consultation with him and he advise me to go for revision surgery. He quote me 2 rates. One is $1000 + tax+ $150 for hospital - $ 1210, if I go with local anesthesia ( which surgery will be done in small room in hospital) or more than couple of thousand if I want my full body to be on sleep and done in large surgery room. He says, it is better to go with option 1. And he do that kind of surgery 100's of in year. He explain me everything about that route. They will inject the fluid in near my nipple area. So whole thing will be swolen in 5 mintues and then they will do LIPO to remove all fat near by that area. Only thing is I will see what's going on arround me........scary thing. But he says to go for that one.

I havn't decided yet. But make you sure that this charges are just for LIPO as I don't have any gland tissue left. It's just a fat. So he has to do LIPO not the actual scar operation. So OHIP won't cover any cost.

So, he kind of admits your first surgery didn't work and still charge you 1 200 $, that's weird. What did he say about your results?

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi GMan99:

How are you? Long time to hear from you.

As brebguy says, if the result are what he expected at first that it's not a revision. Same with my case. Honestly, I am much more better than before. I would say 65% to 70% improved. I don't have any gland tissue now. All I have is fat. To start with I had really big size boobs. It was alomst 4 inch stick out from chest. So he did a great job. But I still have some fat tissue which feels my mind that I still have boobs. I can wear T-shirts and other stuff no problem. But I would still hesitate to go on beach without shirt. So I want to go for 2nd time. What he is going to do is, just simple LIPO to suck out all the fat. He told me that he will go very aggresive this time to remove all the fat. In his words, he will go that far that he will touch the skin to remove the fat. And after that I will be ok. Not 100% as he says but much better, much much better that before and current.

How;s your progess, buddy?

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hey Give me Life,

I'm nearly a year after surgery and I would say that both side are still puffy, the left being worse. No breast, just puffyness.

If I stand up, my right side looks quite normal and I'm happy with it, but if I bend a little bit you'll see some kind of small breast appearing (I think it's fat and maybe loose skin). The left is more problematic and it look odd, no breast of course but the shape of it let me think that Fielding didn't remove enough gland.

When I saw him 2 months ago, Dr Fielding told me I didn't look like I have gyn anymore but acknowledge the left side problem. But he told me that there was no gland left (even if I feel something hard in there) and that it was due to fat, so he told me I could either live with it or come in for minor surgery and have a little bit of lipo done on my left side. He quoted me a price of 400 $ I think.

I'm not sure if I'll go for it but I would say that overall I'm just like you, can walk with a t-shirt but can't go to the beach shirtless...

When I hear your story about Fielding telling you he would do agressive lipo on your chest I'm wondering if that would help my case on both side, not just the left.

Maybe I just have thick skin?

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
G-Man:

Your case is exactly same as mine. When I lie down (go sleep) or raise my arm, it is completely flat. Real flat chest. But when i bend a bit, it's start showing up again. But there is no gland tissue to say underneeth. All fat. B'cuz it's puffy. Dr. fielding told me that it won't go away unless I go for LIPO as all skin are shrink to the level that it can't go anymore. So I opted for revision. I just want to take a nice vacation in Cuba where I can enjoy 7 days best in my life. And for that anything I can go for !!! So planing for dec. surgery and feb 08 vacation. Hope dream come true this time.

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
Im initial surgery was cheaper than your revision, I paid 520$

So im hoping that my revision would be less than that or else that would be messed up.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024