Author Topic: Gynecomastia Victim, Need Advice.  (Read 3943 times)

Offline locoderemate

• Posting Member
Hi Guys,

My History:

Few years ago i noticed that my left boob was growing, i went to my family doctor and he told me that my chest was right, he says" loose weight and that will disappear", i was 250 Lbs at that time, since them my left boobs got bigger, last year i went to see another doctor to do some test and he saw my chest and told me that i have something wrong with it (one bigger that the other) and he did a blood test to check my Prolactin levels and he found out that i had very high prolactin level and sent me to get a MRI, the result was that i have a Pituitary Tumor (1.1 cm) in my brain and that was the cause of my gynecomastia, i went to see a neurosurgeon and he saw all the results and referred me to another neurosurgeon (Dr Gentili) that's the one that does this kind of surgeries, i'm still waiting for his call (a friend told me that it will be between 2-6 months to get an appointment with him), that was 2 months ago and i'm still waiting.

Since last year i started looking for info about gynecomastia and the Pituitary Tumors, last week i found this forum and started to read about the gyne surgery, i want to go ahead and get my surgery done but my concern is, if i go and do it, will my boob get big again or not?, i'm taking medication for my prolactin level and right now is much better than before but still over the normal, should i wait to get my tumor surgery done and later do my gyne surgery?, the thing is i'll start a new job in two weeks and is dealing with public, i have to use uniform and i don't feel confortable because the size of my boob and also i don't know how long is going to take to get my tumor surgery done.

What should i do guys?.

Sorry for my english, its not my first language.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 08:11:12 AM by locoderemate »

DrBermant

Hi Guys,

My History:

Few years ago i noticed that my left boob was growing, i went to my family doctor and he told me that my chest was right, he says" loose weight and that will disappear", i was 250 Lbs at that time, since them my left boobs got bigger, last year i went to see another doctor to do some test and he saw my chest and told me that i have something wrong with it (one bigger that the other) and he did a blood test to check my Prolactin levels and he found out that i had very high prolactin level and sent me to get a MRI, the result was that i have a Pituitary Tumor (1.1 cm) in my brain and that was the cause of my gynecomastia, i went to see a neurosurgeon and he saw all the results and referred me to another neurosurgeon (Dr Gentili) that's the one that does this king of surgeries, i'm still waiting for his call (a friend told me that it will be between 2-6 months to get an appointment with him), that was 2 months ago and i'm still waiting.

Since last year i started looking for info about gynecomastia and the Pituitary Tumors, last week i found this forum and started to read about the gyne surgery, i want to go ahead and get my surgery done but my concern is, if i go and do it, will my boob get big again or not?, i'm taking medication for my prolactin level and right now is much better than before but still over the normal, should i wait to get my tumor surgery done and later do my gyne surgery?, the thing is i'll start a new job in two weeks and is dealing with public, i have to use uniform and i don't feel confortable because the size of my boob and also i don't know how long is going to take to get my tumor surgery done.

What should i do guys?.

Sorry for my english, its not my first language.

Thanks in advance.

When there is an underlying medical cause of gynecomastia, such as a pituitary tumor, stabilization is typically better before surgery.  Shreds of gland remain after any surgical technique that can regrow if the problem is not addressed first.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Cover up your G as best as possible, carry on with life, get your tumor taken care of then.... have GRS.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline locoderemate

• Posting Member
Hi,

Thank you both for your comments, yesterday i got a call from the neurosurgeon office and i have an appoitment for next month, after i finished with this i'll do my Gyne surgery, hope will be this year.

Thank you.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Have you chosen a PS yet?

GB

Offline locoderemate

• Posting Member
Have you chosen a PS yet?

GB

Ummm, what does PS mean? if you're asking for a Gyne surgeon no, i don't but what about the one you have in your signature??.

Thanks.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Ummm, what does PS mean?

'PS'
means Plastic Surgeon dude...

What about the one you have in your signature?

Sure, Doc Fielding does awesome GRS work...

Do you live in the GTA?

GB

Offline locoderemate

• Posting Member
Hi,

Yes i do, also i noticed that is less cost with him, after my tumor surgery i'll call him, do you know how busy he is? should i cal him now to get an appointment for november or december?

Thanks.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

The reason that it's cheaper with Dr. Fielding is that OHIP pays for a portion of the procedure. The patient pays for lipo only.

From what I read here, JCF is booked a few months ahead.

Yeah, sure, give Leslie (JCF's receptionist) a call and book for Nov/Dec if that's when the time is right for you. There should be a slot open in three months from now. The office number is in my sig below...

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024