Author Topic: Bluewater surgery (ONTARIO)  (Read 9746 times)

Offline monsterclean

• Bronze Member
Does anyone know anything about Bluewater surgery group or Dr. S Kaila?

They are based in Sarnia.

I'm new to this forum and looking for recommendations.  Anywhere between GTA-London-Windsor is acceptable.  PLEASE HELP!!

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Welcome to the boards - I had my surgery done a week ago tomorrow with Dr. Frank Lista of the plastic surgery clinic in mississauga -  he has a website you could explore for information about his methods. Also there is a Dr. Fielding in Toronto who is very well respected on these boards who performs gynecomastia surgery. I believe to meet him you will have to be referred by your gp - but I could be wrong about that. Also part of his procedure is covered by OHIP because he does it in a hospital.

Check this Canada section of the board - it's a great resource for us Canucks!

Best of luck, and if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask - there's some great people here.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Also there is a Dr. Fielding in Toronto who is very well respected on these boards who performs gynecomastia surgery. I believe to meet him you will have to be referred by your gp - but I could be wrong about that.

You do not need a referral from your GP to get a consultation with JCF. However, I did learn something new a few months ago... If you do not 'specify' Gynecomastia as the reason for seeing the doc, then you will need a referral from your GP. So the key here is to say when you make The Call, that you want to arrange a consultation with the doc regarding Gynecomastia.  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline mc88

• Posting Member
Does fielding do his in a hospital? aka. is the excision covered by ohip?

Offline monsterclean

• Bronze Member
Yes, from the forums, I gather that is the major advantage of Fielding.

He works at St. Joe's in Toronto, and OHIP will cover the excision, not the lipo.

With Lista, you will pay out of pocket for the entire procedure.

Offline monsterclean

• Bronze Member
And in case anyone is wondering about the original topic (Bluewater), I have opted not to go with them.  I am going with Dr. Lista.

Offline kimberly

Dr. Kaila has done work for me and my sister for past 2 years.  His staff is great, well trained and always helpful.  I always feel like I was being taken care of and comfortable under his care.  The results are always what we expect or better.  He's a bit far for me, but I wouldn't trust any other doctor.  I'm sure there are other good doctors out there, but also bad ones so be careful.  Good luck and hope all went well!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024