Author Topic: 2 days post op  (Read 2628 times)

Offline gynecomastia_sucks

• Posting Member
So its been 2 days since my operation with Dr. Fielding (I had it on the 25 of Febuary) and I thought I'd share my story. I'm 18 years old and when I went to my consultation Dr. Fielding said I had the biggest glands that he's ever seen which means alot since he's done hundreds of these operations. After my surgery I felt really dizzy and I was really thirsty/hungry the nurse gave me a freezie to eat and than after I got a cup of water which I barfed out a half hour later. Dr. Fielding came in to check up on me and he said that he took out 600 cc's of fat and when I asked if that was alot he said YEAH! most surgerys he takes out about 200 cc 400 at most so I was pretty shocked and than he assured me that I'd have a perfect chest. I'm pretty nervous to see what my chest looks like now. The vest they put on me is really tight especially the elastic part around my stomach (so much for one size fits all eh? haha) and its really hard to sleep with it well for me it is for me because im use to sleeping on my side I can't wait till tuesday so I can take it off. Moving my chest really hurts especially when trying to get myself out of bed or when I sneeze. My right side hurts more than the left and theres alot of dried blood on my vest/skin but Dr. Fielding said thats to be expected since they also put water in my chest (he said it was surgical procedure) The tylenol 3's that I got prescribed dont really seem to be doing anything either. Well yeah I just felt like sharing that with anyone whos thinking of getting surgery and wants to know what its like if you've got any questions you'd like to ask me go right ahead I'd be glad to answer them. I was charged 1050 dollars including taxes if anyone wanted to know.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 01:24:48 PM by gynecomastia_sucks »

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
hey, i took a look at your before pictures, your nipples are quite large. mine are similar in size, maybe 3/4 of the size of yours. fielding assured me that the nipples would shrink in size. so im confident that yours will. and yeah, your chest seems, primarily gland related. mine is both, my gland problem is just as bad as the fat deposits. anyhow he quoted my $1800 for mine. good luck with your recovery.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats dude!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline juzeppe

• Posting Member
can u post any pics after u able to take vest off?

• Posting Member
Yeah Sure thing. I'm going to take it off later today. I'll try to post the pictures by tonight.

Offline domz

• Posting Member
    • The Domz
I was there in the hospital with you than on the 25th. What time was your operation?

• Posting Member
My operation was at 10:00am. Well just to update on my status I went for my checkup with Dr.Fielding on tuesday March 3rd and when I got there he sat down asked me how I felt I said good than he went and RIPPED off my foam pads and it hurt more than the actual operation LOL. When I looked at my chest I was stunned because it was so flat the only problem was that my right nipple had a dent in which I wasn't to happy about but Fielding said that it would go away when it heals up (I sure hope it does) which should be in 3-6 months and maybe even a year. Before my surgery Dr. Fielding said that I would most likely have saggy skin because there was alot of fat and gland but when I took off my vest there was no saggyness at all which was good news and Fielding was quite suprised that I healed so quickly. Right now I got some bruising and a little bit of swelling and thats pretty much it. Besides the one dent in my right nipple and what seems to be abit more gland in my left nipple I'm really happy with my results. I'm going to try and post pictures up later today.

• Posting Member
I just thought I'd add that the compression vest they put on you gets REALLY itchy especially after Fielding removes the foam pads from your chest. I don't know if anyone else experianced this but man this vest makes me itch lol

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
How is the swelling 1 week post-opp?

• Posting Member
Theres swelling but its not that bad. I was expecting alot of swelling but its just a little bit and its more on my right side than my left but thats probably because i had more fat to remove on my right side.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024