Author Topic: Update  (Read 5080 times)

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Well, today is 7 days, so I woke up before classes and took off the foam. It was really on there, as well as two cross shaped band aids over my nipples. I will take some pictures and post them when I get home this afternoon.

I can tell there is swelling, as the sides are tender and sore.

My initial reaction is hesitant, but hoping for the best. Some people take off their pads and are extatic, only to have swelling ruin it. I took off my pads, and honestly was underwhelmed. That said I do not feel I had wildly high expectations. My hope is that there is some swelling already, and it will go down from this point, even if it has to go up first.

Anyway, don't want to to over think it too much since I just took them off about 10 mins ago but thought I would come share my thought process.

Offline billygoat21

• Posting Member
post some pics? you probably just need to be patient, a lot of people on here seem to express concerns just like what you just posted and it seems to get better each week. so you took off the pads yourself because your in BC?

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the reply. I am aware that many people have posted concernsearly on, I almost didn't post anything. i did remember however a few people seeing their results onday one and being pleased, then having swelling worsen that. My thinking was perhaps my swelling has already occured,as I am not certain how the foam would prevent it frombeginning.

I just took them off myself yes. He said I could have my Dr. do it or just do it myself.Not a difficult process, and I would have felt like I wasted my time just to have a Dr do that, especially when it isn'tFielding, to at leastcomment onthe results.

Offline billygoat21

• Posting Member
Yes i agree, a lot of people also seem to be happy right after that wrap comes off because that is supposed to prevent the swelling and keep it flat, and then they become unhappy in the following few days/weeks when the swelling comes in. sucks that you didn't get to see a great result but maybe the swelling coming in early means it will be gone faster. keep us posted, My body type is similar to yours and I'm also going to be using Fielding so i appreciate the updates good or bad.

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Here are the pictures. I forgot to turn off the flash again, but I will make sure to do it for the 2 week update.

The black marks on my left side are from the tape on the foam pad. I didn't feel like scrubbing my chest that hard, so that may take a few showers. I have noticed that my whole chest area is numb, not just my nipples. Not that it is a concern, just informational. Also I could see how some people's nipples could invert, my left one is pretty close to considering it I think, but he is hanging in there.

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
More

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Finished

Offline MosquitoBites

• Posting Member
Hey Man (with no name), I am the guy who had his consultation and surgery on the same day as you. Your results look great! What part are you disappointed with? I still haven't taken off my vest to see my results, I will do that tomorrow and let you guys know what I think. My case was minor, just some puffy nips but I am interested to see how the contour of my chest turned out as I have built up some decent pecs over the years in the gym.             

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Hey dude, look forward to hearing about your results.

My concern lies with the left side. It is still bigger, hwoever I am willing to let time go by and see if that is because more was taken from that side, hence more swelling. It still has a breast like quality to it, however I am aware it does look better. I will have to see as the next few weeks progress.

Offline juzeppe

• Posting Member
mosquito,

wen u gonna post some pics man, u said ull do it tomorow. its 5 days now

Offline MosquitoBites

• Posting Member
Sorry for the delay guys, been away for the long weekend. Anyways, I finally took off the vest and got to look at the results last Thursday. I have to say that taking off the foam pads hurt quite a bit, I went in to the shower and got them wet which seemed to help. I am quite pleased with my results. My puffy nipples are gone! But they might swell up a bit over the next few weeks (plus scar tissue might become a factor). Bruising was really minimal, not much left right now, the area where the foam pads were is still a bit red. As for swelling, I haven't noticed much (on Wednesday it will have been two weeks since surgery). The day after surgery I was pretty sore and took some T3's which helped a lot. Overall though the pain is very minimal during the first week, more uncomfortable than painful. Right now I don't feel any pain but when I rub my chest it feels numb.

Although I am extremely happy that my puffy nipples are gone and the size of the areola seems to have shrunk/is shrinking I have a few minor complaints. Bear in mind I am still very early in the healing process so I expect these issues to resolve in the future. The first complaint is that in the area where my upper pecs meet my nipple there is a dip which may be due to the upper pec area being a bit swollen, too much lipo being done on the nipple area and below and none done in the upper pec area, the compression vest has just pushed down on the skin and it hasn't been left off long enough to even out, or I simply focused too much on my upper chest when working out (lots of incline bp). The second complaint is that half of my right nipple seems to be indented. I still have the tape over my nipples so I haven't gotten a clear look at them. Am I supposed to leave the tape on? It looks like I have stitches there but I was told I did not get any stitches so I assume it is just dried blood. Since I haven't taken the tape off I can't comment on the mark left by the excision. The mark for lipo isn't noticeable.

Next week I will try to post an update on how things are looking after 3 weeks of healing - hopefully those issues have started to be corrected by then - and I will let you guys know how my chest feels after finally returning to the gym.... man I really miss the gym. It might take me longer to post an update since I am leaving for Phuket, Thailand, this weekend so I will be really busy. This will be my second summer in Thailand training Muay Thai and I am looking forward to have no puffy nipples on the beach. They were never a problem when training since they would go erect but were a bit sensitive when clinching. I will try to post up some pictures during my next update, I still have to buy a digital camera before I leave since my last one broke (in Thailand actually, damn humidity).

Oh yeah, manwithnoname, you asked in another thread if we are supposed to massage our nipple to help reduce scar tissue, the paper we got from Fielding says we can if we want. But I think I will just do as GrandpaB recommended and let mother nature take her course.

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Hey dude, gladto hear you are happy with your results. I am going to post an update later, but for now, having gone to Thailand recently, I have to say:

Go to Koh Samui, when you are in Thailand. You can take a boat and bus from Phuket for about 1000 baht, and it takes about 7 hours of travel.You won't regret it. Go to Chaweng beach when you get there.

If you don't, Karon and Patong beaches in Phuket are the nicer and busier ones, and Phuket town is the cheapest place to say.

Offline MosquitoBites

• Posting Member
Thanks for the travel tips manwithnoname. I will be sure to check out Koh Samui one weekend when I need a break from training.

In Phuket I don't like Patong beach at all. It is too dirty and crowded with tourists. It's a fun place to party though, most of the guys go to Patong on Saturday nights and party at Tiger Disco. Last year I checked out every beach in Phuket since the island is fairly small and I could get around it on my scooter. My favourites were Nai Harn and Rawai.

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Here are some new pics from 2 weeks post op. I will write a brief right up tomorrow.

I think you guys will see what I am talking about on the left side. There is a weird lump under my nipple, and by under I mean 1 inch south.

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
More

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024