Author Topic: JUst had surgery  (Read 6164 times)

Offline redwings

• Posting Member
 :)
i had breast reduction surgery on July 26 with dr. frank lista.
him and his team are awesome. check him out, hes one of the leading plastic surgeons in canada and the U.S with lots of credentials.
its my 5th day post-op and im in this vest which kind of sucks but it does the job i guess, just thought i should letch yall know lol since im bored as hell :P
i had gynecomastia since i was 15 and im 19 now. i used to be fat but i lost about 25 pounds and thats when i realized something wasn't right, so i decided to get surgery with Lista, it cost 5,000 but lemme tell you, theres a reason why it cost so much....too professionally done.
just waiting for the results in about a month or 2. should be fun to see what or how it turns out

Offline robs

• Posting Member
I also had surgery on the 26th, late morning!  I agree, Dr. Lista and his team are really something.  Although I was quite nervous, being in the clinic instead of a hospital, with all the friendly staff really helped.  Worth every penny of the 5 thousand bucks.

I hear ya on the vest...really not fun...I cherish the hour when I wash the vest and take a shower while it's in the dryer.  We've got a loooooong way to go until we can take it off for good, but is so worth it.

How's your bruising, pain? 

Offline redwings

• Posting Member
lol ya i kno man
my bruising came at me 2 days after surgery...one day it hurts in one side the next day it'll stop and hurt in my other side, its all over the place but the pain isnt too bad. these meds r awesome. im already done my celebrex and nausea meds. i have those natural herbal piills left and the percocets.
urs?

Offline robs

• Posting Member
same here, the bruising arrived on day 2.  I stopped taking the percocets full force on day 3, taking only 1 just before bed.  They were making me feel wacko and having weird dreams!

After that point the pain really wasn't bad, it was more of a sore/tingly/itchy feeling.  I didn't take it at all one night and had trouble sleeping because of the soreness.

Today I don't feel the soreness unless I actually touch my chest, so I'm going to try not taking the pain pills...don't want to get addicted!  lol

Question, did Dr. Lista discuss with you exactly what he was going to work on when he drew the black circles on your chest before surgery? 

Offline redwings

• Posting Member
yeah im taking it ez on the percs too because i had troubles taking a crap lol to be honest.
and nah dude, when he drew the circles....he didn't say shit lol, i was jus too nervous at the time to even ask. but i already knew what they were gonna do because i watched his video online on the clinic's website.
but my appointment is on tuesday so im gonna be asking him some questions? what should i ask'em lol?
i quit smoking weed a month before surgery, i used to mix it with tobacco and smoke it. by any chance if you know, when you think i can start doing that stuff again or do it occasionally because i don't want to be doing it regularly like before, just occasionally?

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Just be advised that even after the surgery, remnants of the gland will remain, and THAT can grow, too.  You won't be completely out of the woods just because of your surgery.  It could come back, especially if you continue to use certain drugs and medications. 

With your history of gyne, marijuana usage would not be a very wise choice for you.  No one can say with any certainty if it added to, or caused, your gynecomastia problem. You may have developed the condition even if you never smoked in your life. There's no way to know for sure. 

But we do know that there is a definite correlation between smoking weed and gynecomastia. Your decision to continue smoking it could mess up what you are paying good money for.  Only you can determine if it's worth it.

Offline robs

• Posting Member
I've had it since around 15 as well, didn't touch weed until early 20's so it definitely didn't cause it.  About 5 years ago I gained a bit of weight which I think added to the problem but even after slimming down again, that still remained.

From what I have read, smoking MJ every day can affect testosterone levels and any extra is converted to estrogen, the hormone that can trigger breast tissue to grow, especially if someone has a few pounds on the belly.  Smoking a spliff on occasion is unlikely to cause regrowth.

I think the more important thing is to live healthy, ie eat well, exercise and keep stress under control (stress releases cortisol causing excess body fat which can lead to more estrogen).  

So, in my humble opinion, if someone puts the effort in to eat healthy, stay in shape, find ways to manage stress (yoga for example) than smoking a joint from time to time will not trigger regrowth.  

Offline redwings

• Posting Member
yeh i had the condition before i started smoking too so i know its not the cause.
but good shit...thanks for the answer, makes a lotta sence, as much as i love smoking weed, i gotta quit, i just can't risk a 5k operation just for feeliing good for a couple years, if i ever smoke weed, it will be very ocassionally.
btw....when did you remove your padding under ur vest, just wondering?. never instructed me on that and i was too lazy to call so i took it off about 4-5 days after the surgery

Offline robs

• Posting Member
the nurses instructions were to remove the padding the day after surgery when taking off the vest to take a shower.  The padding is only there to absorb any blood the seeps out of the incision during the first 24 hours.

I hear ya on the weed smoking...I know I'm going to puff a couple times a month...but will never go back to smoking regularly, which I stopped a few months ago.  I am certain it had no effect on my gyno but don't want to take any chances.

Hmmm, maybe i will have to find another drug of choice!!!  Just kidding...

Offline robs

• Posting Member
did you start massaging today after your 1 week appointment?  not fun...so uncomfortable but I guess there is no choice if we want the best results.

Offline redwings

• Posting Member
yaa man.....i got that arnica cream, and started massaging. feels like jello lol no?
and ya it kinda hurts but gotta do it.
so weird.....at the top of my chest on both sides it sounds like a cracking sound when i go over it, pretty unusual lol. i noticed it when i started massaging like 2 days ago

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
so weird.....at the top of my chest on both sides it sounds like a cracking sound when i go over it, pretty unusual lol. i noticed it when i started massaging like 2 days ago

Wow, that's a pretty nasty visual.  Why is that happening?  What do you attribute the sound to?  Doctors, what's the reason for this?  

Offline gtitdi

• Posting Member
It's swelling and scar tissue guys. It goes away over time through massages. For some it takes 3 months, and for some 8 months
to fully heal.

Offline robs

• Posting Member
Today I noticed that it looks a little bit bumpy under the skin surface...I know it's scar tissue and swelling and that it will go away, but I was just curious if you guys also see it?

gtitdi, at your stage, what does it look and feel like?

I've been massaging like mad, making sure to put a lot of pressure on the little lumps and even it out.  Man, in some spots it really hurts!  Are we supposed to use an even pressure or really dig in with our fingertips?  The nurse didn't really show me very well...don't know why I didn't ask more questions, I guess it seemed simple enough.

Whatever, just curious.  Want to ensure best results.

thanks.

Offline gtitdi

• Posting Member
The nurse told me it's suppose to hurt. The more pain, the better it will heal in the end.
I'm at one month and 1 day post op. It doesn't hurt anymore, but there is still present scar tissue and little swelling left.
I seen Dr. Lista yesterday, he told me I can start to work out and do physical activities after i take the vest off. (which is another 2 weeks)
I've read on here that some people started to work out after 4 weeks, with Dr. Lista as well. Weird, but i will follow his instructions.
I'm dying to hit the gym and go running again, ahhhh i feel like crap. I'm not fat, but i feel fat.

The bumps and chunky spots do go away, i still have one spot that moves around under my nipple,  but i had more in the start.
Right now everything is clearing up well i must say, but still very early stages of the game.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024