Author Topic: About healing process  (Read 1952 times)

Offline st23

• Posting Member
I'm 2 1/2 weeks post surgery and wearing the compression garment. I hate wearing the garment,but I do like the way my chest appears with a shirt on and the vest underneath. With the vest off,the chest is not as flat as I would like it to be. My question is will my chest somewhere down the line be comparable to the way it is now when I wear the garment. Is that the whole idea of the garment to achieve that level of flatness? That would be fine by me if it was. I'm just paranoid that my doc didn't lipo enough out along with the excision. Also,how am I to determine if what I am seeing is swelling or finished product. It feels somewhat mushy-not particulary hard or soft,but I would be disapponted if this is close to what the end result would be. I'm probably obsessing a bit,but any feedback would be appreciated.   

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
At 2 1/2 weeks post-op, you still have swelling, though it's tough to say how much.  In the absence of any unusual bleeding or bruising, much of the swelling resolves within 6 to 8 weeks, but even then, there is often further improvement over time.  Only you and your surgeon will be able to decide if enough fat was removed at the time with liposuction, and you shouldn't make that decision until at least 6 months out.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
At two and a half weeks you still have a lot of swelling.As far as the final result it depends on what you looked like before surgery and what was done at surgery.So as you know its early ,my recommendation is to keep the vest on and sit tight for the time being.Most patients find the vest a bit uncomfortable but it does help with the final result!.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024