Author Topic: pads  (Read 3753 times)

Offline Bigt

• Posting Member
hey i just wanted to kno if the foam pads that you put on after the surgery noticeable with a botton up shirt. can you hide it under thick shirts.

Offline jalen_rose5

• Posting Member
  • conditioning coach for the Indiana Pacers
If you mean the "gauze" under the tightening wrap then slightly. Actually the thing is I hunched over a bit because of comfort reasons I believe were unique to my case...But wen I wore a slightly stricter(tighter) T shirt it looked like I had a slightly (very slight) humpy chest - remember though the factors were: Swelling + the Pad + the wrap.
If U have a slightly looser summer button shirt I believe you will have little - no problem bro...I didn't :)
Best of luck,
Jalen.

Offline Creek

• Posting Member
I recommend wearing a couple of layers of baggy clothing. The pads plus the bandages make it look like you're wearing a retangular bra, so keep that in mind. I'm hoping the weather cools down significantly so that I have an excuse to wear a light jacket over my t-shirt. That way I can get better coverage and not be so damn hot.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Are a t-shirt and sweatshirt/hoddie enough to cover the pads well?  

My surgery would take place on the first day of classes next semester so I'd miss the first 2-3 days and would go back to school on the monday, and I wouldn't want to miss any more class if I felt fine, just because of the pads.

Offline Creek

• Posting Member
Yeah, that would be more than sufficient. I'm only wearing a a t shirt and a long sleeve t shirt and I've got pretty good coverage. I guess if someone was really scrutinizing me, they'd be able to tell, but no one seems to notice so far. Keep in mind that the pads and bandage is really restrictive though and you'll probably look like frankenstein when you bend over or sit down.

Offline ASRel

• Posting Member
For me, I found that I looked kind of fat while I was wearing the pads. For me I was a case where one side was worse than the other so the pads were in different positions. So because of this I found that I looked awkward with the pads.

Offline 3cheers

• Posting Member
Yeah you can hide it. Just wear undershirt and a baggy shirt with pockets over it. The only thing noticeable for me was I was kinda moving around stiff like and constantly tugging at the bandage to stay up. I took the pads off 6 days latter. Your lucky the temperature is getting cooler! ;D

10-4
3cheers ;)

Offline Bigt

• Posting Member
k now since we kno about the pads, what about the tensor, is that noticeable? which is worse the pads or tensor? Thanks

Offline 3cheers

• Posting Member
You will be able to see the line of the bandage if the t-shirt is to tight and you can see right through the shirt if too thin. It looks like a bra.hahaha. And stay away from white t-shirts!But its not all that bad.

lator

3cheers

Offline stupid101

• Posting Member
So am I correct in assuming you can't shower for the 6 days until the gauze and tensor come off???

Offline Bigt

• Posting Member
only a spunge bath is allowed.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
So am I correct in assuming you can't shower for the 6 days until the gauze and tensor come off???

You're not going to hurt anything by removing the tensor and pads to have a shower. Just put them back on after getting clean....   ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024