Author Topic: Layering Tanks  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
With the advice of some of the members of this forum I have been using layering tanks to help hide the hardware of my bras, which they do well, and have found some do more than that.

The first one is by Exclusively Kristen, it has darts on the sides to be more form fitting across the bust, so you don’t have a lot of draping under your top and is a little short so it’s easy to tuck in without adding to your waist.

The second one is the Soma 2 n 1, my newest and now favorite! It’s considered shape wear and is form fitting without being constrictive, helps add support, shape and helps a little to minimize your bust.

With both of these you’ll want to redo your swoop and scoop to settle the girls in place, and with a one size too big tee and that the fabric has a little body to it, it does an excellent job of obscuring.

Offline Johndoe1

You look great in both of those. I too have the Exclusively Kristin tank. That's the one I am wearing in my avatar photo. I also wear a Yummy Tummy reversible shape wear tank as well. Recommend both.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Thanks John! Just trying to help others figure out how to handle day to day clothing choices. If I can do it at my size, others can too.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Thank you ABWG! I have tried one or two women’s tops but find while it’s great across the bust, my shoulders were a bit too broad for the ones I tried. May try again when I get to my goal weight.

Offline Newby

• Posting Member
Traveler,   I am relatively new to bra wearing and I too have found that layering helps in so many ways. 

I have several different brands of tank tops including the Soma 2 in 1.  (Also my favorite). 

My bra size is currently a 40C, and layering gives me a little more confidence when I am out and about. 

Online curiousk

• Silver Member
That looks good Newby.  I have to admit that I've not worn a layering tank in few months.  For me, I think that will be a fall/winter thing.  I'm fine if anyone sees my straps or anything like that through my shirt.   I've never been a tank top wearer in the best of times, but layering tanks have their place under shirts.  
This summer, I might try wearing a tank top, but I'd probably buy the women's with the smaller arm holes.  

Offline froger

• Posting Member
This has been my go to for years, not only for space up top but because I have a long torso.  The long tank actually stays tucked in, is nicer material than the men's section, and on sale is cheaper.  I don't wear under t-shirts because I think the material of the two cling too much.  I wear under polos and button downs.

Women's Sonoma Goods For Life® Tunic Layering Tank Top

https://m.kohls.com/product/prd-2979874/womens-sonoma-goods-for-life-long-layering-tank.jsp

Offline SideSet

Because we have breasts like women, it is not surprising that we feel and look best in women’s tanks 

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Because we have breasts like women, it is not surprising that we feel and look best in women’s tanks
Tanks are good for around the house here in the summer and do a good job of helping obscure the shelf look with a patterned shirt. Also, adds a bit of cover for the hardware.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024