Author Topic: Out and About  (Read 3671 times)

Offline taxmapper

I am now seeing it more and more, few with any support. 
But I have also seen a lot more women noticing my chest and giving off, the "your turn" look. 

Brdy64

I am now seeing it more and more, few with any support.
But I have also seen a lot more women noticing my chest and giving off, the "your turn" look.
🤣 it makes me laugh when I see the ladies do a 'double take'. 😉

Brdy64

My wife has always said that no one cares anymore what people wear. A lot of people dress pretty wild anymore. So everything  else seems really tame. So to make her point, I shopped all day with her purse with her not around most of the time. No one gave me a second look or said anything. Keep it up Joni, you look great.
Funny, I carry a purse every day.
I have had friends ask about it, and I simply tell them my pockets are worthless while sitting in a wheelchair. Carrying it is also a bit of a task for me, so I drape it over my neck and right in front of me while I wheel around. It's most visible.

Most people never notice it, and if they do don't say anything. It is the most 'manly' looking one I could find. 🙄

Upfront

I also use an over shoulder handbag (purse in US)
Given the all but useless pockets in women's trousers (pants in US) it is a necessity if I do not wish to spoil the look of an outfit.

In the unlikely event of segueing to makeup, where to keep the lippy and mirror is presorted - only joking!

Brdy64

I also use an over shoulder handbag (purse in US)
Given the all but useless pockets in women's trousers (pants in US) it is a necessity if I do not wish to spoil the look of an outfit.

In the unlikely event of segueing to makeup, where to keep the loppy and mirror is presorted - only joking!
I have used one for years. Since my 30's at least. 😉

Yes, my family uses the words handbag and trousers as well. 
I'm only 2nd & 3rd generation American. 😉
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 11:17:44 AM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Interesting
I just moved into this genre of dressing and am trying out different types of ‘bags’
Regards,Bob 
Regards, Bob

Upfront

The joy is absolutely wonderful. A place for everything and everything in its  place (no I am not describing a bra) 
Every now and again though I get a bit narked when "she who must be obeyed" wants to use mine as an annex because of the fearful clutter in her own! 
I must love her..... 

Brdy64

I surely miss them days. My better half is half way across the globe now. 😐

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
This older thread morphed into talk about purses (handbags). 

Just out off curiosity, how many of y'all use one?

I definitely do, and it never seems quite big enough either 🤔

Birdie💞
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Online Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I do. Don’t like things in my pockets. And my pockets are small. I quit losing everything once I went to a handbag. Was always looking for my phone,keys,sunglasses, reading glasses,lip balm,wallet and so on🤣🤣🤣. These women are much smarter then us. They had it figured out a long time ago.

Offline Justagirl💃

It's good to have a few to chose from as well. 🤔

Offline Gino

• Posting Member
Funny story about a purse. 

As a then cigarette smoker and way before my gyne I had a small bag I used occasionally when going out for the evening. One night at a bar a fellow there said "Nice purse buddy" and for some reason I immediately answered "It's not a purse, it's a holster for my pistol" He shut up really fast and "made love to his tonic and gin" (from Billy Joel's the piano man) :-)

BTW, the Europeans have men's bags down with the logical thinking not stuffing your pants pockets with things? We Americans are so hung up on appearances!

Offline Justagirl💃

Working as a Land surveyor, I had many items I needed to carry about on the days I was outside. 

I found using a purse to be invaluable after trying other solutions that didn't work. 

A few other surveyors asked me about my "purse use", and I explained the reasoning behind it. 

Soon every surveyor in the company was carrying a purse everyday. 

p.r.1974

Yeah....having and elevated larger capacity storage device that can hold additional tools, and or electronics and other items one does not want get wet while working out in the muck....priceless!

Offline taxmapper

Tactical purse.. 

yeah... 

Because of my involvement with the SCA, I have seen many a "purse" slung around men who look like something out of Spartacus or Vikings. 

Unless it had pink paisleys on them,. I prob. wouldn't bat two eyes. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024