Author Topic: It's a bit ironic  (Read 782 times)

Upfront

As a man approaching 77. I have had stable breasts and moderate libido. 
Now I fairly suddenly have very sore hard breasts  that are growing again. 
The bra is a great help in keeping pain under control in daily living. 
Meanwhile the "crown jewels" lower down continue to shrink. 
Oddly, some may think, it doesn't really bother  me where this all ends except
for the discomfort of the journey. 
The great irony is the power of estrogen that acts both for and against our masculinity. The testes need it both to moderate and control our virility. Not only do the testes need and use estrogen but they actually produce it as well - as if normal levels and supplements derived from fat metabolism was not enough.
I am wise enough not to pick a fight with women. I suppose I have to find a similar accommodation with their favourite hormone.
Oh for the quiet and more importantly comfortable life to return 

Brdy64

As a man approaching 77. I have had stable breasts and moderate libido.
Now I fairly suddenly have very sore hard breasts  that are growing again.
The bra is a great help in keeping pain under control in daily living.
Meanwhile the "crown jewels" lower down continue to shrink.
Oddly, some may think, it doesn't really bother  me where this all ends except
for the discomfort of the journey.
The great irony is the power of estrogen that acts both for and against our masculinity. The testes need it both to moderate and control our virility. Not only do the testes need and use estrogen but they actually produce it as well - as if normal levels and supplements derived from fat metabolism was not enough.
I am wise enough not to pick a fight with women. I suppose I have to find a similar accommodation with their favourite hormone.
Oh for the quiet and more importantly comfortable life to return
It's the estrogen ride that I'm really having fun with. Seems like I'm slowly changing personality wise as time goes on.
My likes, interests, conversations, etc....
Everything seems to be slowly changing.
It's an interesting hormone 🤔
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 04:52:32 PM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Upfront

As far as medics are concerned I have had just one chat to a doc who pointed me bra-wards. Sorted.
My OP was only a winge about the sudden surge of growth and more particularly the accompanying pain. Much more severe than heretofore.
The hardness of the whole of both breasts is somewhat akin to the engorgement a women experiences immediately after childbirth. They are  rock hard. 
I rather welcome the actual growth, I just want them to soften up again so that I can again enjoy the attention I know my wife wants to give them, but at the moment it's a definite "hands off" 

Brdy64

As far as medics are concerned I have had just one chat to a doc who pointed me bra-wards. Sorted.
My OP was only a winge about the sudden surge of growth and more particularly the accompanying pain. Much more severe than heretofore.
The hardness of the whole of both breasts is somewhat akin to the engorgement a women experiences immediately after childbirth. They are  rock hard.
I rather welcome the actual growth, I just want them to soften up again so that I can again enjoy the attention I know my wife wants to give them, but at the moment it's a definite "hands off"
Good to see that you had a doctor that recommended a bra. 
I wasn't sent ''bra-wards' until about my third visit with my current doctor. That was only because the hundreds of dollars in compression vests failed to work out for me (recommended by his staff). 

Upfront

Not so surprising Dude my Dr is female

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I have had boobs since 98 and not one doctor ever mentioned i. not even the nurses and I have had many xrays ct.s mri,s and injections for back pain. I know they talk about me after i am gone , but dont care

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I have been going to a urologist for the past few months. With my hormonal imbalance I started having problems downstairs. Prostrate problems, and testicular problems. Testicles are shrinking. He has advised against TRT treatments because my testicles would shrink more and he feels it would promote more breast growth and maybe further prostrate problems. For the first time yesterday he examined my breasts. I’m only 12 pounds overweight. He was surprised with someone of my weight has such big breasts. He said I have gynecomastia and that with my hormonal imbalance it has increased the fat in my breasts. He said most men get belly fat and then maybe some breast growth. Mine went to my hips and breasts. I asked him why and he said some men just have their fat distribution in different areas then the norm. He said that surgery is a option or I just learn to live with what I have. Nothing life threatening. Flow max has helped with my plumbing. 
Boobs are just boobs.... I can live with that.

Brdy64

Yeah, it's not like they are life threatening, and they can be quite fun to shop for. 🤔

Offline Johndoe1

I’d be surprised a doctor recommends a bra to a man unless it seems suggested that the option is of interest especially in todays age of ultra sensitivity in people.
My male doctors have never mentioned my gynecomastia. The two female doctors I have had discussed it did a breast exam.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Brdy64

I’d be surprised a doctor recommends a bra to a man unless it seems suggested that the option is of interest especially in todays age of ultra sensitivity in people.
My male doctors have never mentioned my gynecomastia. The two female doctors I have had discussed it did a breast exam.
I get a breast exam every 6 months. My doctor is male, so he let the occupational therapist talk to me about support. Of course that was a costly joke. 
I learned more about bras on this site and made all my choices in support myself. My doctor finally chimed in and agreed with my final choice on my last visit. 
But I think male doctors seem to feel uncomfortable talking about bras. 

Offline gynepaul

• Posting Member
… Flow max has helped with my plumbing.
Boobs are just boobs.... I can live with that.
I’ve been taking Tamsulosin (generic Flomax) for over a year now and recently doubled my dosage at the suggestion of my urologist.  Like you stated, it helps with my “plumbing”.  However, since doubling my dosage (from 4mg to 8mg), I have started to experience retrograde ejaculation, where the ejaculate backs up into the bladder rather than exiting the penis.  My urologist told me this might happen as it is a common side effect of tamsulosin.   It’s kind of strange, but the sensation is the same and there is no negative health effects.  Just something I need to get used to.   

Offline 42CSurprise!

I've reflected on this topic... the fact that as my libido diminished my "package" was shrinking.  I remember the basic plumbing well enough to know that when development happened originally, what became testicles hanging between my thighs became ovaries buried within a woman abdomen and what became a penis hanging down and above my testicles became the typically diminutive clitoris sprouting above the woman's vagina.  And guess how those differences came to be?... the precise balance of testosterone and estrogen.  Is it any surprise that as estrogen steps to the fore, men would find ourselves with diminished libido and shrinking genitalia even as our breasts grow?  Our bodies and our temperaments soften... we're moving toward the feminine end of the gender continuum.  This becomes a problem to SOLVE, only if we allow it to be one.  Acceptance offers a different route and it appears most of the men participating on this side of the website at taking that route.  I find it a relief.  Granted, I've not experienced the pain the OP mentions... just soft breasts filling the cups of my brassiere and the front of my turtleneck...

Orb

That's funny Charlie.
42C You do look good.  I'm glad your happy being you.  You should be and you give us encouragement.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024