Author Topic: How do you usually bra shop?  (Read 2157 times)

aboywithgirls

Minimizer's distribute the breast tissue in a way that gives the appearance of less projection giving a smaller look. If you are ample in size, a minimizer is a must in your bra collection.
John, 
This is exactly why I am an Elomi girl. I do have other bras for different occasions and attire, but Elomi bras aren't necessarily advertised as minimizer bras. They do an excellent job of taking  my breasts with their broad underwire shape and give me a more rounded and less projected shape. 

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
Hey guys 🥰

Im resurrecting an a slightly older thread. Here's why. I actually ordered a couple bras without trying them on first. That's right, I wasn't fitted for them. TBH, they are Shapermint, hook and eye wireless bras. I know! Me in a wireless bra. Im using them as leisure bras around the house and they are super comfortable with pretty decent support. They aren't something that I will to work but I'm happy to wear around the house and to bed as well.

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
How do I bra shop?

Well, I go to Torrid. They have measured me several times now and know my size (I think it's saved on the computer). 

Finding my size in the store has. "never" happened, but they do order it for me and I try it on when it arrives. 

Amazon and Walmart online was where I shopped at first but had horrible luck. 

I'll be ordering a plunge bra next week to go with my new Harper top. I tried it on today, and I definitely need a plunge!

I do have a couple bras that are not underwires, but those are for sleeping or housework. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline blad

Almost all of my bras I pick up in person at a major department store.

If it is a bra new to me I will ask to try it on in store and have had good response to this. Often I will engage the staff if I am looking for a new bra to help in the selection process. Engaging the staff completely removes the potential to be considered some sort of a lurker. You suddenly become just like any of the other women in search of the illusive perfect bra when you work with the sales associates. 

If I am buying a new copy of a bra I already wear then I just find it on my own and go to the check out.
If the bra fits, wear it.

p.r.1974

As mentioned earlier in the thread.

"I used to do the hit and miss shopping online before opening up to Amanda at Lane Bryant years ago. Now, I too am with Sophie. I will try on fist, and then buy online generally at Torrid or Lane Bryant as the availability and price are better than in store. And then there is the online only sales!

I found that once the sales assistants knew that I was shopping for myself, they opened up a lot more. I totally get being nervous. Being 6'4" and not small, I can appear much different than the usual teddy bear I usually am if I don't open up. Just go in clean and not acting creepy, and you will be greeted with open arms!"

Offline Gino

• Posting Member
It's can be difficult to find an unlined underwire bra in a B cup, or smaller. I have shopped in person, but I've had better luck finding what I want with the larger selection that I find online. Better prices, too.
I too very much prefer unlined garments. I'm a "perfect" 36B, but the measurement schemes out there are laughably incorrect in my size. Even my fave brand's (Victoria's secret) fitment guide is a joke which puts me at a 36D!!! No WAY!!!

I can generally order many brands I like in 36B and get a decent fit, but once I settled on a few brands in particular ordering my size always works for me. It seems as if the industry has my size pretty well down pat as long as I stay away from fitting guides.  

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
100% online so far. I think I've found a fit that works for me, but I think I'd really appreciate a fitting where I might get recommendations that are better for me. The order/exchange, trial and error, model isn't free. There return shipping fees and the time it takes to fill out forms, pack, and ship the items. However, even thinking about getting a fitting is a bit anxiety-inducing. Not the act, but just the perception--from calling to verify they fit men to thinking about walking into a store. It's completely irrational, but it's real. ;)

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
I always go in person dressed as a male, which is how I always dress, to Soma.  I have shopped there since 2015 and they have always treated me just like any other customer who needs to wear a bra. I get fit and try on what I buy every visit.  The sales associates and especially the manager are very nice and supportive of my needs.  I had not been there for about a year and the manager recognized me when I walked in the other day and knew exactly what she last sold me without even looking at my file.  Sure, I am not your normal customer, which is probably why she remembered.  

She recommended the Bodify demi cup for me few weeks ago, which fit me, supported me, and was the most comfortable bra ever. I am a solid 38B.  When I walked in two weeks later (last week) to buy another one, she came up to me and asked how it fit and if it was comfortable.  Such great customer awareness.

I cannot see myself shopping anywhere else going forward.

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
  I had not been there for about a year and the manager recognized me when I walked in the other day and knew exactly what she last sold me without even looking at my file.  
That is such a wonderful experience whilst bra shopping. 

The girls at Torrid all know me by name and remember everything as well, of course I go every weekend. 🤭

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
Agreed. The manager remembered my name as well and I was shocked....in a positive way.

Offline Busty

mgr,

So nice you are treated so well at Soma.  I have found them to be wonderful, too.

I am not surprised a man with breasts like a woman would be memorable, and just contributes to their belief that you need to wear a bra as much as any other their women customers.

Clearly, they like you and enjoy helping you, so that says a lot of good things about how you are with them.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024