Author Topic: Questions for Dr. Lista  (Read 2765 times)

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
Hi Guys,

I am going to do on camera interview with Dr. Lista this incoming Wednesday, is there any particular questions you guys wanted to be answered?

Charles
Free Documentary "Me vs. My Breast"
http://individual.utoronto.ca/charlesh/documentary

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
please ask if he has a student private rate :D?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey there Charles....

Yeah, I have a few questions for Dr. Lista.....

1. How difficult is the proceedure as compared with other surgeries that he does?

2. Can the breast gland regrow? Is it possible, after Gynecomastic surgery, to have the condition return?

3. Would he refuse surgery to a very young Gyne sufferer? Would he give the usual....  "Now son, be patient. I realize that you have to endure extreme mental anguish, but  why don't we wait a few years to see if it doesn't go away on it's own....". Easier said than done eh?

4. How many Gyne proceedures does he do as compared with other surgeries?

5. Has the number of Gyne reduction surgeries increased in the past 5 years?

6. On Dr. Lista's Website, he states that,  "If there is excess gland tissue, he will perform a peri-areola incision" on the Gyne sufferer. Does Dr. Lista know prior to surgery, if the sufferer has 'excess gland tissue'? Or, will Dr. Lista make that decision during the proceedure and perform a peri-areola incision without the patient's consent?

7. How is it possible to distinguish the amount of gland tissue from fatty tissue prior to surgery?

8. If the patient wants to have his proceedure done at the Trillium Heath Center, will the majority of the cost of surgery be covered by O.H.I.P?

There was an exceptional statement made on Dr. Lista's Site that I liked......

"Gynecomastia surgery can enhance your appearance and self-confidence, but it won't necessarily change your looks to match your ideal."

That satement says it all....   ;)

John.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 12:20:53 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
No problem, I'll tried my best to get all those questions answered.

By the way, all scene for this documentary are complete except for Dr. Lista interview.

I'll be posting it soon!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

By the way, all scene for this documentary are complete except for Dr. Lista interview.

I'll be posting it soon!

Awesome Dude!

John.

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
4. How many Gyne proceedures does he do as compared with other surgeries?

around 100 at current time, but is approaching 200 in the new year, he got pretty booked up after Citytv Breakfast show.

6. On Dr. Lista's Website, he states that,  "If there is excess gland tissue, he will perform a peri-areola incision" on the Gyne sufferer. Does Dr. Lista know prior to surgery, if the sufferer has 'excess gland tissue'? Or, will Dr. Lista make that decision during the proceedure and perform a peri-areola incision without the patient's consent?

Normally he could tell ahead of time, but he also ask his patient in case that it can not fully removed by lipo, would they allow him to do incision or just do the best he could.

7. How is it possible to distinguish the amount of gland tissue from fatty tissue prior to surgery?

By touch, fat are more softer than breast tissues.

8. If the patient wants to have his proceedure done at the Trillium Heath Center, will the majority of the cost of surgery be covered by O.H.I.P?

The patient can choose to do the operation at Trillium or anywhere, but its the same price.  Government do not recogized whole operation when PAL is used.  No reason are given.

Also, the rest of the your questions are either in the documentary or within the "interview" section on my site.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Also, the rest of the your questions are either in the documentary or within the "interview" section on my site.

Charles....

Thanks Dude!    ;)

John

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024