Author Topic: Consultation with Dr. Lobay in Edmonton  (Read 4739 times)

Offline politik1

• Posting Member
Hello Everyone,

I have my first consultation appointment with Dr. Lobay in Edmonton next week.

I was wondering if someone good quickly fill me in on the type of questions to ask Dr. Lobay?

Thanks for the help.

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
You should ask how many cases he's done in a year?References?
While your add it ask him how much?Let us Edmontonians know what its all about?

Offline politik1

• Posting Member
I'll let you know how things go.

I was wondering if it was possible to do both exicision and lipo in one operation?

I guess I should also ask him if i need both, I can't tell if I have fat or glandular tissue.

Thanks for the reply

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
I belive its possible to perform both.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Excision and lipo are usually done at the same time, if both are needed.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 04:12:08 PM by Achilles »

Offline politik1

• Posting Member
Alright, I had my first appointment with Dr. Lobay a couple of weeks ago.  Sorry for the late update, was just completing a midterm week.

The total cost is pricey compared to many of the quotes listed here.  I fees breakdown is as follows: 2500 for lipo, 850 for facility plus GST.

Dr. Loaby pointed out that I do have both tissue and fat in both my breasts and my left is noticebly larger.  He said he will do liposuction and during the surgery he will decide whether or not he should do tissue removal.

When I inquired how much will the tissue removal cost he said it'll be includes in the figures provided above, although its not explicitly stated on my fee asssessment.

He promised me that just by liposuction he can reduce my left breast size by 30% and hopefully make them proportionate.  I am unclear what 30% meant in this context though, what does a 100% reduction mean?

Anyways, he was a nice doctor and told me that results vary.  He promised his best and from what it seems he has lots of experience.  

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
if your paying say you would want excision dude.

may as well get it in their for same fee

i wouldnt reccomend just lipo

Offline politik1

• Posting Member
i agree, unfortunately its not up to me - it'll be dr. lobay's discretion during the surgery

he warned me of the risk involved in exicision, in that my nipple may invert and that's extremely hard to fix

a 30% reduction and making my breasts even sounds good to me

i still have to lose 10lbs around the mid-section and shoulder area to tell how much of an improvement this procedure will actually do

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024