Author Topic: Cheaper Rooms than 4 Points for Fielding Patients  (Read 3067 times)

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I booked a room at the Days inn:

14 Roncesvalles Avenue
Toronto Ontario
(416)532-9900

1-800-DAYS INN
 www.daysinn.com/canada

(Thanks Boobies_Redux!)

The hospital rate is $79.00 a night, and is a 3 minute walk (yes, WALK) from the Hospital. They actually share a parking lot with St. Joe's.

Four points were rude on the phone, didn't accomodate my hospital request, and the patient rate there was still $130 bucks a night! Brutal.

I'm booked for late Sept. (26, 27, 28).

Hope this helps anyone going to Fielding!

ceo

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hmmm
i know they made a mistake the first time i called the four points and wanted to charge me something like 180$ but when i called again, i was given the right rate which was 99$ per night.

i saw the days in on Roncesvalles and it is indeed very close to the hospital. the only thing though is that before booking my hotel, i looked at some reviews (tripadvisor, expedia and other websites) and i have to say that what i have read there wasnt very encouraging. there were some good reviews but most of them were horrible.

BTW check about the parking cause the reviews say that there is no parking available for clients...

i mean its all a matter of personnal opinion. i have been to many hotels and the four points is really ok for a one night stay after surgery : close enough, clean, professional.

so you might be right chopemoff, but i was just scared that days inn would be a total rip off like it has been for some people...

good luck for your surgery man, i wish you all the best (Fielding is great)!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 12:24:42 PM by brebguy »
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
thanks for the heads up. I don't really mind a mediocre hotel for a few nights. As long as I have a place to lie down and catch some Z's it's cool.

However, I"m not locked in by credit card or anything, so maybe I"ll do some more research (just to make sure there's no roaches or anything =p )

counting down the days...man it feels good!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Four points were rude on the phone, didn't accomodate my hospital request, and the patient rate there was still $130 bucks a night! Brutal.

Sounds like The Four Points by Sheraton on the Lakeshore doesn't desreve your business dude. Brebguy said one of the staff was rude to him on the phone as well. That's not good PR at all.

Oh well, there are many other hotels in the GTA to choose from....  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 01:25:45 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
Hmm...after checking out a map of TO, it looks as though this Days Inn is actually by a DIFFERENT St. Joe's hospital, NOT the St. Joe's that Fielding actually performs surgery at.

According to Googlemaps it's 65km from the actual St. Joseph's....

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
u sure about that? i saw a days inn in Toronto on Roncesvalles that is on the corner of queen street w. which becomes queensway before st-Joes hospital, right next to the gardiner expressway and lakeshore drive. it seems like the right hotel to me.

check this map (copy the whole link with all the numbers, do not click on it, it wont work): http://www.google.com/maps?hl=fr&lr=&q=days+inn&near=Toronto,+ON,+Canada&radius=0.0&cid=43723057,-79392486,15045608232920610191&li=lmd
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 04:44:48 AM by brebguy »

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
Just thought you guys should Know I booked my room at the Four Points Sherton yesterday. I called on Tuesday and asked for the "Compasionate" Rate and they quoted me 152 dollars a night!! I was like.... are you sure thats the rate for St Joes Patients? and he was like ya..... thats the best I could do for you. I called back and asked to speak with the manager and then he said he would call me back and let me know. They called me back yesterday and gave me the rate of $95 which is decent. If you guys have any problems with booking at the Four Points Sheraton... ask to speak to the Manager.... It works.

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Hey guys,

Try bidding on Priceline.  I got a 4 star (Westin) for $80USD.  It was a "mac daddy" room on the 33rd floor overlooking the Lake.  Has all the amenities you could ever think of + they have this thing called the 'heavenly bed' - nice place to kick back and recover from surgery!  You can't specify which hotel on priceline (just what star level)... I was hoping for the Sheraton Centre (I've stayed there before a few times) but I got the Westin and it is just as good.  Any 4 star is way better than the Sheraton 4 points though.  I saw that place as we screamed by it on the freeway (it's about 5 ft from a major freeway!).  All the traffic noise was bad enough overnight at St Joe's - I don't think i could have bared a couple of more nights like that.  Not much traffic noise on the 33rd floor of a 4 star hotel though - I can tell you that!  Any hotel downtown is about 15 minutes and 15 bucks in a cab.
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline Tim_Hortons_Coffee

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal

That definitely sounds strange man. I found the staff at Four Points to be very helpful when I was booking in short notice for my 'compassionate rate'. They even seemed to go out of their way to fit me in during some busy parade that had most of their rooms booked (something like Brazil's Carnival but in Toronto during the beginning of August).

At 100/night during the busy summer season I personally found the Four Points to be a great deal. It's too bad (and strange) they weren't as hospitable with you.
May ye' spend half an hour in Heaven before the devil knows you're dead.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024