Author Topic: Gynectomastia in almost 8 year old  (Read 3521 times)

Offline adsmom

My son will be 8 this summer.  He has formed a small (just under the areola) gynectomastia on his left side.  Noticed it about 2 months ago.  Some days it appears to be larger, but then it seems to go back down.  Some days he complains of tenderness.  Have seen the pediatrition about it twice (when noticed and just recently because it appears to be growing).  He notes that it is nothing to worry, it is small and should resolve on its own.  However, when looking for info. I have a hard time finding anything about it in a child this age (usually infants or pubescent).  Also, my child is Growth Hormone Deficient.  He is on daily growth hormone therapy (Genotropin) and also takes Periactin to stimulate appetite.  Have spoke with the endocrinologist, he also stated in a quick voicemail it was normal in pubescent boys.  Is an older 7 considered pubescent??  Should I be relaxed about this, or should I pursue this further?

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Well, it's hard to say at this point what you should do.  How bad is it?  If it's just a little puffiness I wouldn't worry too much, a lot of younger boys go through that until they are in their teens and then it goes away.  I think you should keep an eye on it, and make sure that you communicate with your son about it as he gets older.  Don't wait until he comes and brings it up to you, because it can be too embarrassing to even talk to your mom about it.  Give it a while and see what happens.  There really isn't much you can do at this point.

Offline 15ineedhelp

• Bronze Member
Dont let your child suffer.

cody sockeye

I got it when I was 8 as well. I'm 14 now and it's really devastating to live with. But I don't think there's gonna be much you can do since he's so young. Just wait it out, 90 % of the time it goes away within 2 years.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024