Author Topic: Any unsuccessful surgeries??? Question also about lipo  (Read 3954 times)

Offline buffetkid

• Posting Member
I'm considering to go under the knife, but im kinda scared since this is the very 1st time im going to have surgery. Doctor says that he will be doing lipo and excision for the gland/tissue. Just want to know anyone here had a NON successful experience with the surgery? any deadly story or something? please share.

Another is that doc said that mine is mostly fat, does that mean exercise will flatten it?

Offline chachkid

• Posting Member
i just had the surgery a week ago and the doc did a great job. i wish i had done it 6 years ago when i first got gyno. I had lipo and removed tissue and the worst part of the entire process was when the doc removed the drain tubes(that hurt like hell) but the recovery has been fairly easy.
good luck with what ever you do
if you have any ? feel free to write
mike

Offline flex1appeal

The truth behind Plastic surgery is it never goes as you expect. People tend to have high expectations that their chest will look like a million bucks when all said and done. The reality is, sometimes it goes great, sometimes it goes ok and sometimes not good at all. If you read the board postings, you may see mostly discouraged post op stories. It all boils down to the individual and their expectations prior to surgery as to whether or not they like the final outcome. I know I had high expectations myself and was not tremendously satisfied. Though, I do look way better overall than I did a year ago. So no complaints in the end for me.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
People tend to have high expectations that their chest will look like a million bucks when all said and done. The reality is, sometimes it goes great, sometimes it goes ok and sometimes not good at all. If you read the board postings, you may see mostly discouraged post op stories. It all boils down to the individual and their expectations prior to surgery as to whether or not they like the final outcome..

I fully support the above.

Have realistic expectations of surgery; it isn’t like changing an engine when you know exactly what to expect.  With plastic surgery don’t expect miracles, but do expect and insist on improvement.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
The surgery you are asleep for.  The actual surgery is the least of your worries.  Worry about the healing afterwords.  In my case it has been more mentally hard than physically hard.

My thoughts on plastic/cosmetic surgery has definitely changes now that i have gone through it myself.  I have alot more respect for people that have done it.  Its not easy at all. 

I have confidence that if they can do nose jobs and fake breasts and whatever else people get done, that removing some fat and tissue isn't a huge deal for surgeons.

Get it done, I did, and although the two weeks I've spent post op have sucked, i'm still happy i got it done and am now on the road to being done with gyne.

good luck in your decision....

Offline buffetkid

• Posting Member
Has anyone every died or caused permanent disability or something post op?

Another concern is that 5 days post op, il be going to hong kong. is that ok or will i have difficulties? and i think i read somewhere at you cant have sex post op for how many days? is that true?

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
you won't feel like fvckin for a while after post op, trust me on that one, you'll be a feeling pretty damn self concious.

as for traveling 5 days post op, i donno, i'm no expert but from personal experience i in no way would want to be away from my doctor or ps, in cause there was something no quite right.  in my case i've has to have my right side drained since i had the actual drains removed, and if you needed it done and were away it won't be much fun.

think about airport security too, might be an issue explaining a compression garment or something.

just some things to think about, hope it helps.

Offline Aim

• Posting Member
Has anyone every died or caused permanent disability or something post op?

Another concern is that 5 days post op, il be going to hong kong. is that ok or will i have difficulties? and i think i read somewhere at you cant have sex post op for how many days? is that true?

I wouldn't be traveling around or doing anything that requires effort for a few weeks after surgery. You need to rest and take it easy for a bit - that's all that is important.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

People tend to have high expectations that their chest will look like a million bucks when all said and done. The reality is, sometimes it goes great, sometimes it goes ok and sometimes not good at all. If you read the board postings, you may see mostly discouraged post op stories. It all boils down to the individual and their expectations prior to surgery as to whether or not they like the final outcome..

I fully support the above.

Have realistic expectations of surgery; it isn’t like changing an engine when you know exactly what to expect.  With plastic surgery don’t expect miracles, but do expect and insist on improvement.

I fully support the above (x2)

Improvement not perfection...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
i had 3 operations.. all lipo.

yeah it improved... but looking from my pre-op before my first operation... and to my post-op after my third operation... i still have it... and I can still hear people talking about my gyne, worst they do laugh at me and saying things about my chest.  :'( :'( :'(

I am 5'9" and I'm on a diet and I am now 162lbs (from 175lbs). I am currently doing bench press but it looks like it makes my gyne becomes more obvious. And I am decided to have another surgery.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024