Author Topic: Made the first step today  (Read 2872 times)

Offline GTM

• Posting Member
I finally put my nerves to the side and made a consultation with Dr. John Burnett in Fresno Ca. I was really nervous when calling. It sounded so weirde saying male breat reduction on the phone. My consultation is on Thursday the 4th. I'm really nervous..but I cannot go on living with this moster. I feel like I'm living a lie everyday. I hide it really well. I just wanna be able to go to the beach. Simple things...Wish me luck. Any questions or tips for me.
There finally gone!

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 keep reading  and posting in here

Offline enthusiastic

• Posting Member
Glad you did.

You'll be suprised.   The doctor that you will visit will not be un-nerving I'll bet.  I've been to a few consultations and they were fine.    Your surgery to them will be like a piece of artwork and it's also their job. They know what they're doing and it's fine.

Good luck.  Don't worry. Also, write down a list of questions before you go in, otherwise you'll be nervous and forget to ask something.

Another thing, don't be worried about being in the waiting room.   I mean, you could be there for something totally not embarrasing like getting a scar removed from appendicitis, or something simple like that.  Nobody knows.   They are sitting there concerned about themselves, not you.

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
  • My war against gyne ends 10/8/07
I finally put my nerves to the side and made a consultation with Dr. John Burnett in Fresno Ca. I was really nervous when calling. It sounded so weirde saying male breat reduction on the phone. My consultation is on Thursday the 4th. I'm really nervous..but I cannot go on living with this moster. I feel like I'm living a lie everyday. I hide it really well. I just wanna be able to go to the beach. Simple things...Wish me luck. Any questions or tips for me.

Hey man I made a post about feeling weird talking about gyne on the phone for the first time I know what you were talking about when you said that its like you try so hard your whole life to hide it that it feels strange when you do tell someone about it good luck

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
The thing that amazed me most at my consultation was that there was actually a professional in front of me who knew what I had, was willing to discuss it with me in detail and with respect, and was equipped to rid me of it.  It gave me real hope for the first time.  I hope it's the same for you. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024