Author Topic: approved!! :)  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Ryan1019

• Posting Member
finally i was approved to have an operation..the surgeon told my mom "we dont code gynecomastia as cosmetic so the insurance should be fine" so i dont know if its going to cover it all or most of it..or very very little..but its schedualed for october 4th and he said "typically we leave drains in" and i heard that KILLS...does it? and by "typically" does it mean he's going to use drains for a fact?

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
u`ll be on painkillers and will hardly feel the drains man

I could tell when my body was trying to heal over them lol, thats when it hurt a bit, but the painkillers stopped it from hurting loads.

and when they pulled them out there was'nt much pain at all, and it took about 2 seconds..

don't worry.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats on the 'approval' dude!

Don't worry about having drains. It's a minor issue as compared with having to live with Gynecomastia wouldn't you say?  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline IRISH123

• Posting Member
Congrats dude.

I have my surgery on the same day (Oct 4th). I'm going in with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in New York and there are was no mention of using drains.

Anyway, Good Luck and I'll be posting that weekend so we can match up our progress.

Cheeers

-Irish

Offline b166f81

• Posting Member
I had drains for 5 days.  Other having to empty them, I didn't even know they were there.  I thought it would hurt when he removed then... didn't feel a thing!  Don't worry about it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024