Author Topic: Is it possible for a solid hematoma to break down naturally over time?  (Read 25943 times)

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

So if a year later you still have something hard in your chest that makes your chest look like breasts, you should come to your own conclusion by now.

Good post.

One point I would make is that the site of my haematoma was near the incision for the canula which was on the front edge of the armpit (some 4 inches from the breast area).  The small amount of remaining hardness could not be mistaken for gland (as I think you are inferring) as I didn’t have gland there in the first place.  My surgeon looked at it in the early months and correctly said it would dissipate with time, which it did.   My GP said that large haematomas can take a year for the body to break down.  The very small area of hardness I still feel on the edge of the armpit (but isn’t visible and certainly couldn’t be mistaken for breasts) could possibly be some scar tissue.  Either way I have to search to find it and it in no way bothers me.  I no longer have boobs and that is the important thing.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member

Cool and good luck; however, keep in mind that breast tissue begins behind the areola and it may continue all the way to outer walls of the chest, meaning almost where your rib cage meets your chest. That is ussually the area where the incision is made for the liposution also. Just to keep it in mind. Doctors might tell you that is not a gland to avoid having to do a revision since you will be devastated.

If you want, you can read a little more about hematomas or blood clots. It cannot last a year, they(cells) need blood to survive that long and they will not have any since a hematoma or a clot is just dead, dried blood and scientifically are dead cells. They break down very easy and it should not take a long time.

it is just like when you hit your self in the arm or leg and break internal vessels. A hematoma or clot is form, it ussually appears dark green or blue on the skin, but it does not take a year for it to go away. Is the same mechanism but just a little deeper with a little more blood. So be aware of what doctors tell you, trust me. To a lot of them is just a business rather than actual health care.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024