Author Topic: who ever had surgery in calgary  (Read 5445 times)

Offline scottg

• Posting Member
Id like the surgeon name etc./ info? Help would be appreciated!  :D

Offline alteredbeast

• Posting Member
I've consulted with Dr.Campbell in Calgary, he was very professional and answered all my questions.  I haven't had the surgery yet... I had a few things come up and   had to cancel my surgery date.

If anyone has had surgery in Calgary I'd be interested to know what surgeon they dealt with and would like to see before/after pictures.

Offline scottg

• Posting Member
awesome! do you know any phone nmbers, web sites, or costs that he offers?

Offline alteredbeast

• Posting Member
I don't have the phone number offhand, a quick search in the Calgary Yellow pages under plastic surgery should give you that.  Campbell doesn't have a website either.  In terms of costs, he'll bill an excision back to Alberta Health and you won't pay anything.  If you want liposuction it runs about $3000.  The problem in Calgary is the wait.  You're looking at 6 months to a year before he can get you in to operate.  For myself I'd like to be able to set a specific date and get it done sooner.  From what I've read on this board Dr.Fielding can get you in a lot sooner, and I think that might be the route I take.

There are a number of other plastic surgeons in Calgary you could check out as well:
Dr.Perron (long waiting list)
The Plastic Surgery Centre (they don't bill anything back to Alberta Health so you pay for everything, around $5000.)

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 11:46:14 AM by travshead »

Offline happygolucky

• Posting Member
I'm in Calgary, thanks for the tips.....

How does one go about seeing one of these plastic surgeons?? Do I have to have a referral from a family doctor first, or do I just call up the plastic surgeon out of the blue and ask for an appointment for a consultation?

Also, I have heard that it's up to the family doctors discretion to determine whether or not the gyno is cosmetic or something else, and that can determine whether or not it's covered under Alberta Health Care.

Any thoughts on this? Any family docs that are more likely to recommend the surgery to be covered than others?

Are there any family docs in Calgary that you can recommend that have experience in diagnosing whether I have gyno or not, and if my case is severe or not? My family doctor didn't seem to be very interested in even looking at my chest to examine it, and was more interested in moving onto the next patient.

Thanks for any input on this matter.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 07:26:50 AM by happygolucky »

Offline alteredbeast

• Posting Member
Call up the plastic surgeon directly, skip the GP.  (IMO)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
How does one go about seeing one of these plastic surgeons?? Do I have to have a referral from a family doctor first, or do I just call up the plastic surgeon out of the blue and ask for an appointment for a consultation?

No need to involve your GP. What will he/she do for you that the PS can't?

I went directly to Dr. Fielding. The way it sould be!
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Calgary_Guy24

• Posting Member
I had sugery here in Calgary with Dr.Perron.  He is a great doctor I must say.  My results are pretty good but I would not say incredible..... but maybe what I have pictured in my head is "perfect".  I will get there though with body building!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024