Author Topic: Consultation later this week... could use mental support + tips  (Read 2242 times)

Offline gettingsurgsoon

• Posting Member
Hello all,
I am 22, I had this prob for as long as I can remember, it got worse when I gained weight.
I recently lost about 55 pounds with diet and exercise, and I still exercise (mostly jogging) very often so I keep
my weight in control. Unfortunately exercise didnt help at all with gyno (might say it made it look worse).

I always wanted to get rid of the boobs, I think they consist of both fat and tissue right now.
I am booking a consultation for me later this week.

I am posting pics at the forum so I will update this post with link

It's hard to do research about plastic surgeons as there is not much online presence here in Greece, so can you give me
some tips of what to discuss when I go to talk with him? I feel like there is not much experience here in my country so I am
really concerned about the result

any replies to make me feel a bit better or calm me down would be appreciated

thanks

Offline tubbs

• Posting Member
I would think a good question to start with is to ask your surgeon how many of these types of surgeries he does.  My plastic surgeon told me he does one a week, at least, and while that is not as many as other doctors, it was still good to know he has some experience in it.

I am not sure what your choices for plastic surgeons are in Greece, but hopefully, you can go to at least two to form an opinion as to which one would be better for you then the other.

I hope this helps you and best of luck on your journey.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
looking worse is a natural effect of the weight loss, but you did the right thing, making it look better is what the surgery is for. 

agree about asking about experience.  if he hasn't done this a lot, consider finding somebody somewhere else in an eu country who has. 

of course if the dollar keeps tanking, the us might become a cheaper medical destination than mexico or peru  :-\
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline gettingsurgsoon

• Posting Member
thanks for the input. he told me that's a routine operation for him and more people than I might think
go for this type of surgery very often. When I asked for pre/post photos, he said he doesn't keep a file of post-ops,
only pre-ops which he studies before the surgery.

all in all he looked like he knows what he is talking about, and I confirmed with him for a surgery. He ordered some
blood test and once I am ready I just have to call him and he'll book an appointment with the clinic. We are family friends with
a doctor who said he knows him and that he is pretty good.

So the only thing I can do I guess is cross my fingers, as travelling to another country for the operation is not
an option at the moment (i.e. cost)

I am thinking to go for it during easter vacations, so wish me luck :)

all the best

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
here's wishing you luck. 

you might ask him about technique beforehand.  if he's doing lipo, he should come in from under the shoulders to hide the small entry scar better.  if he's doing excision or excision and lipo, he would probably do semicircular incision on the edge of the areola to hide the scars. 

there are still generalists who think they're experts at anything and will do a single straight cut across the areola and into the skin on either side :o  those guys don't exactly have the right to call themselves cosmetic artists. 

Offline gettingsurgsoon

• Posting Member
well he told me mine is a combination of gland and fat, so he will do a circular incision on the lower half of the areola to
get out the tissue, and then some lipo as well. All in all he told me exactly the things I usually read on this boards, so this
is why I hope he knows what he is doing :)

thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024