Author Topic: Hemoglobin Levels  (Read 2184 times)

Offline mikeyp87

• Posting Member
Hey all,

Just had a call from the people I'm having surgery with.
They've asked me to go back in for some more bloods tomorrow after the first lot came back with a "slightly higher level of hemoglobin".

I got told that the usual maximum is 17.2 and mine was 18.3   :-\

Has anybody else been through this? Just don't want it to turn out that this could have repercussions on whether or not I'm still allowed to go ahead with surgery.  A bit worried about it all now.

(I have searched the forums and looked around Google for definitions etc).

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
are you an athlete?

i'm no doctor, but i don't see how higher hemoglobin would be any kind of problem for the surgery... i'd think that it would be better to enhance healing

Offline mikeyp87

• Posting Member
No not an athlete... just a regular 15 and a bit stone average gym going student.

Got my 2nd blood test in the next couple of hours so hopefully get the updated results in a reasonable time.
I'll ask them exactly why and how it could affect things.

Offline mikeyp87

• Posting Member
Well, got my 2nd lot of results back the other week, turned out pretty much the same...slightly lower but still slightly over their recommended level.  I got told not to worry as, to the girls in the clinic, the levels were fine.  They were just going to pass all the info over the anesthetist who would decide...that was 2/3 weeks ago so fingers crossed at the moment!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024