Author Topic: Three Weeks Post OP  (Read 1932 times)

Offline A.G._Pennypacker

Let's see...had mild case of gynecomastia.  Consulted with PS
after the examnations she recommended just lipo.  The procedure went well.  Dr. Elias removed fat tissue on both sides, slightly more on left.  But, big but here, my breast area is still quite tender and my nipples really protrude even more
now that the area surrounding it has less fat.  Is the nipple area the slowest to recover (still lots of inflamation?).  Not real happy with the appeareance so far.  My concern is that she should have gone in and excised tissue directly underneath the nipple instead of the surrounding area.  How much more improvement will I see after three weeks, do the nipples generally shrink with time?   Any input would be appreciated.

Offline Spleen

That surgery is gonna cause swelling in that area that will take some time to come down.  I'm 8 days out and my nipples still look a little puffy, but so soes my whole chest.  However, gland excision is usually part of the surgical process when it comes to correcting puffy nipples.  Was that not something your doc was willing to do?  Or did he or she not think it was required?

Offline A.G._Pennypacker

Thanks for response.  No...she felt my chest area  was quite convinced that she felt no glandular tissue.  I encouraged her that during the lipo that if she suspected their was any at all, that she exise it.  I was somewhat dissapointed post op when she told me she hadn't.  Unless I see some dramatic reduction in my inflamation, I feel certain that she is going to have to go back in.  Bummer, i was hoping to be shirtless about this time.  

Offline Spleen

I just wrote a whole spiel on this topic.  I think docs can make a qualified guess about what they might find but can't say with 100% certainty what the problem is until they open you up.  On balance, I've read more stories about post-surgery disappointment from the lipo-only crowd than any other group.  Still, 3 weeks is such a short time.  You need to give it 3 months at least.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024