Author Topic: Self-Surgery Using a Hypodermic Needle  (Read 18815 times)

Offline Marik

• Posting Member
There is a procedure called “Breast Biopsy” which is done on women suspected of having breast cancer. In this minor surgical procedure, a needle is inserted into the breast and some breast tissue is drawn out. This sample is then examined for malevolent content.

I was thinking that someone can perform the same procedure on themselves to draw out their breast fat, even if little by little. Of course there are a few obvious problems. One, a rather large needle needs to be used hence patients receive local anesthesia, two, the procedure is done by a doctor and is not self enacted, and three, there is a risk of infection if the injection site isn’t treated properly.

Despite these points, as someone stricken with this horrible condition that is gynecomastia, I feel like I will go through with this. I am planning to perform this procedure on myself in the near future since cosmetic surgery is far too expensive and hence not an option. My main problem is, since I won’t have any anesthesia - I will be using a significantly thinner needle and this might cause only blood to be drawn out and not fat.

I was wondering, has anyone else tried this or has every thought of doing so?   

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes, it has been done, using a strong vacuum pump.

As you pointed out, it requires great skill and must be done under carefully controlled conditions.

The process originated in Italy I think. Back in the late 1970's.

The original method such as you mentioned has been greatly improved upon over the years.

It is called Liposuction.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Marik

• Posting Member
Yes I know about liposuction, I was referring to sucking out the fat using a regular pump syringe.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
With a Syringe, you cannot get sufficient suction, and the volume is totally inadequate. It would be like going to a bicycle shop to get tires for a truck.

It must also be remembered that the point of a Hypodermic needle is not tapered like a sewing needle but actually has sharp, Knife like, cutting edges. Repeatedly inserting such a needle will eventually cut through blood vessels and cause bleeding into the area. Sometimes even a single insertion of a needle will produce a nasty bruise when a very small blood vessel is hit or nicked. This has little to do with the skill of the person giving an injection, it just happens sometimes.

Your concept is simple and direct. At first read, it sounds good. But, in practical terms, it is really quite primitive, impractical, and dangerous. If the condition could be dealt with that simply, That is what everyone would be doing.

I really hate to break your balloon, but this is a very bad idea.

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Yea you would probably die of a infection before you even get 5% of fat out. Plus you need a needled that will not pull out blood but fat, and that needle is probably do more damage then good by you repeatedly putting it in and out of your chest. Not to be a A-Hole or anything but this is quite a stupid idea, like I said before your even done with 5% of the fat you would seek professional help, and you probably would get a bad infection, perhaps even inner bleeding.
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

DrBermant

There is a procedure called “Breast Biopsy” which is done on women suspected of having breast cancer. In this minor surgical procedure, a needle is inserted into the breast and some breast tissue is drawn out. This sample is then examined for malevolent content.

I was thinking that someone can perform the same procedure on themselves to draw out their breast fat, even if little by little. Of course there are a few obvious problems. One, a rather large needle needs to be used hence patients receive local anesthesia, two, the procedure is done by a doctor and is not self enacted, and three, there is a risk of infection if the injection site isn’t treated properly.

Despite these points, as someone stricken with this horrible condition that is gynecomastia, I feel like I will go through with this. I am planning to perform this procedure on myself in the near future since cosmetic surgery is far too expensive and hence not an option. My main problem is, since I won’t have any anesthesia - I will be using a significantly thinner needle and this might cause only blood to be drawn out and not fat.

I was wondering, has anyone else tried this or has every thought of doing so?   

I have seen horrible disasters from those trying "self surgery."  Scars and deformity that I have seen from such misadventures compromise what I can offer for a final result. 

A doctor who has himself as a patient, has a fool for a doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Chest Surgery

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Common be realistic, there are so many bad points I dont know where to begin... so I wont

DONT do it!
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline Marik

• Posting Member
I won’t be going through with this after all, I did some research last night and it seems (as some of you mentioned) that breast fat is too dense to be able to be sucked out using a thin needle. I don’t know if anyone will "die" per se from injecting themselves once, in that case all of us getting flu shots would be dead, but it won’t work so I’m dropping the idea. Thanks for your comments guys.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I won’t be going through with this after all, it won’t work so I’m dropping the idea. Thanks for your comments guys.

That's good news my man...  You made the right decision!

GB

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
bad idea... you'd have to use a very large gauge needle and a really small syringe to even have a chance of generating enough suction to extract fat cells with just the syringe suction. this would equate to a boatload of pokes...

better bet would be to get lipodisolve which just disrupts the cell membrane of the fat cells and allows the body to reabsorb the fatty acids.

still though, for results indicitive of what you probably have in your mind: surgery is the only way to go.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024