Author Topic: How many have done a remote consultation or have seen Dr. personally ?  (Read 2922 times)

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
While still weighing the option for surgery. I was just wondering how many have actually seen the P.S. for their preliminary consultation or
did it thru remote consultation. Seems to me I would probably go with the in office visit so their is no suprises or last second rejection.

DrBermant

While still weighing the option for surgery. I was just wondering how many have actually seen the P.S. for their preliminary consultation or
did it thru remote consultation. Seems to me I would probably go with the in office visit so their is no suprises or last second rejection.

We have many patients who start with my Preliminary Remote Discussion to help minimize travel to Virginia.  However, each patient is different and we have others who travel a great distance just to meet me in person before scheduling surgery.  You can find many such experiences on my site such as Revision Gynecomastia Surgery and Travel from Hong Kong.  Just follow the links to other patient experiences.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Surgery

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
Is the fee the same for remote or in person consultation ?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I do have patients contacting me from around the US and the world -- a trip to NYC for most is a one time event.

Therefore, I request photos and a medical history and correspond with the patient by email prior to surgery.  If surgery seems indicated, we arrange for appropriate pre-operative testing and an appointment one or more days prior to surgery.  The purpose of this pre-surgical meeting is to review everything, confirm the physical findings, explain the proposed operation in detail and most importantly, make sure that both the patient and I are comfortable with each other.

If all of the above is fine, then surgery is performed the next day.

As an accommodation to these patients, I do not charge anything for this service.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Is the fee the same for remote or in person consultation ?

Jane is my office manager and can better discuss fees and costs.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024