Author Topic: Details for Surgery on excess skin?  (Read 2594 times)

Offline knah342

• Posting Member
Four years ago after getting depressed that I had wasted high school I had gyno surgery.  Had a major case and had it reduced by taking gland out and lipo but was left with tons of loose skin that still gave the appearance of breasts. 

Now four years later I'm getting seriously depressed about wasting college and thinking about having surgery for the loose skin.  Could someone give me details as to how it relates to the original surgery as I was terrified of the original one?

Will it be easier/worse etc?  Would I need drains, how long to get back to normal with chest?  What should my realistic expectations be as I expected to be "fixed" by the first surgery.  I don't want to have it again then be disappointed by the appearance.

Also, this time around I only have hospital health insurance, just wondering, besides the fee of the surgery will I need to to prior to this operation (I remember I needed bloodwork for last one)

Thanks

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if you had that bad a case i'm surprised it wasn't addressed too.  skin will shrink significantly within reason but not by yards.  i would want to be out for this op too but it would probably be less invasive than the last one so maybe not as painful. 

the key thing is getting it done by a qualified board-certified ps/cosmetic surgeon.  this is not a job for a generalist.  it's hard to say without photos, but even then a lot of this, outside the pain question, is stuff for a preliminary consultation.  i wouldn't think it should cost you much more though, docs like to cover themselves with tests, but it should be simpler and a lot of your old info would be still relevant. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

DrBermant

Four years ago after getting depressed that I had wasted high school I had gyno surgery.  Had a major case and had it reduced by taking gland out and lipo but was left with tons of loose skin that still gave the appearance of breasts. 

Now four years later I'm getting seriously depressed about wasting college and thinking about having surgery for the loose skin.  Could someone give me details as to how it relates to the original surgery as I was terrified of the original one?

Will it be easier/worse etc?  Would I need drains, how long to get back to normal with chest?  What should my realistic expectations be as I expected to be "fixed" by the first surgery.  I don't want to have it again then be disappointed by the appearance.

Also, this time around I only have hospital health insurance, just wondering, besides the fee of the surgery will I need to to prior to this operation (I remember I needed bloodwork for last one)

Thanks

Stretched out skin sometimes only shrinks so far sometimes leaving gynecomastia contours of excess chest skin.

Loose skin can be an issue After Major Weight Loss, for women After Pregnancy, after significant loss of muscle mass such as Bodybuilders who no longer maintain their physique, and as the result of some surgical techniques.  Skin Reduction Chest Lift is one of many options, but all skin reduction operations are a compromise.  You need a location where the excess skin is removed and this is a scar.  The nature of this compromise varies with many factors.  Sometimes leaving the excess skin is better than the scar from a reduction.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024