Author Topic: Reasons for rejection -(Medical Conditions)  (Read 2116 times)

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
Has anybody been rejected for surgery? And if so for what reasons ?

I'm still considering surgery I started smoking again due to some personal & work related stress.
I know that I must quit before surgery. But, I'm intetersed in other reason why surgery may be rejected.
I have a family history of aneurysms in my family. I had a brain scan last winter and the report came back fine.
But, the radiologists said their was a slight curve by the basler artery but she said that I had nothing to worry about
and my doctor said it was fine.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Many possibilities, only a few of which would apply to most people reading these pages.

The list would include: heart, respiratory, circulatory, clotting, bleeding, or hormonal problems for a start.

Most of the problems can be dealt with if they are known in advance. I take Plavix and aspirin to control clotting. I also take medications for hypertension and other things. I have stents in several major arteries. Recently I had to have some Dental work done. I needed a letter from my cadiologist then I went off the Plavix and Aspirin for 5 days prior to oral surgery and resumed them a day after the surgery. These delays may seem a nuisance, but they are to insure your safety and a good surgical result.

What is important is that you are absolutely honest and reveal any potential problem ahead of time.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Gaz29

• Posting Member
My G.P referred me to plastic surgeon on NHS, my referral is currently being vetted by a pael who will decide to offer me an appointment or knock me back, i am currently very negative and down as i thought i was in with a chance, a panel who has never seen my ugly huge unnatural moobs will decide my fate  :(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024