Author Topic: Heat pad post op for scar tissue/comfort?  (Read 4264 times)

Offline rcbrown23

I'm 13 days post op and everything looks GREAT (I'll post pics next week). There is still a little bruising/swelling, but the gland is gone and my chest looks flat.

I'm still pretty sore, and my left side has more swelling/scar tissue that makes it a little uneven/lumpy. Both sides are really firm to the touch compared to the rest of me. I know it will go away with time, but I'm just wondering if anyone has tried a heat pad or something? it seems like it would be REALLY soothing on my chest, and I'd think that it would help soften up the tissue's underneath. I also saw a commercial for an icy/hot pad. That sounds intriguing also.

Before I use a heat pad, I just want to make sure it couldn't do any damage or anythinng. I don't see how it would, but maybe I haven't thought of everything.

Any opinions??

-Brown

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING YOUR SURGERY MATE! 8)
... and the saga continues

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
I was told on ice or heat pad... but this is one day post op.. I dont know about the two week mark. I wouldnt risk it until I knew forsure

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
My PS informed me that I can expect some mild lumpiness and that it's just healing tissue that will go away within the following months.  I'm not sure what you can do to speed up it's dissipation, however.

Is it visible to anybody not looking for it, or is it more of a thing that you feel when you push on your chest?
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline rcbrown23

CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING YOUR SURGERY MATE! 8)

Thanks Bro...

Right now it would be visible to others, but it's also still bruised in the area. I'm only 2 weeks post. I'm not too worried about it or anything, I know it will smooth out. I was just thinking that a heat pad could help with the soreness and soften up the tissue. Unless anyone can think of a reason not to do it, then I'll probably throw a heat pad on my chest for a couple hours later this evening.

-Brown
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 07:52:07 AM by rcbrown23 »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
brown - I think the heat pad would help, but maybe you should put it on for less than "a couple hours"

My dad had surgery (not for gyne) and his doc recommended applying a heat pad to help with the bruising, stiffness and swelling.  He only recommended 3 times per day for no more than 25 minuter each time.

Offline rcbrown23

brown - I think the heat pad would help, but maybe you should put it on for less than "a couple hours"

My dad had surgery (not for gyne) and his doc recommended applying a heat pad to help with the bruising, stiffness and swelling.  He only recommended 3 times per day for no more than 25 minuter each time.

Word. Sounds good to me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024