Author Topic: Unilateral Gynecomasita Surgery Wednesday - Covered by Insurance  (Read 2506 times)

Offline gogoboy

You know, I've read through this forum for some time now.  I've read about so many of you who have the same problem I do and it is what really gave me the courage to go to my doctor and get this taken care of. 

I've had really bad unilateral gynecomasita for 20 years.  Wednesday, I have my surgery.  I am thankful the surgery is covered by my United HealthCare plan - I just need to take care of my deductible and my 20%, so that is great news.

You know, I have lived with this so long...never have gone swimming, snorkling, etc. in my adult life...I don't know how I am suppose to feel about me, without my G.  I just can't help but feel a little depressed about it all. 

gogoboy

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
I've had really bad unilateral gynecomasita for 20 years.  Wednesday, I have my surgery.  I am thankful the surgery is covered by my United HealthCare plan - I just need to take care of my deductible and my 20%, so that is great news.
you're doing a lot better than most people who haven't had that privilege. 

You know, I have lived with this so long...never have gone swimming, snorkling, etc. in my adult life...
so go swimming and snorkeling.  accept them for what they are like it should have been.  even the everyday can be good and miraculous occasionally. 

I don't know how I am suppose to feel about me, without my G. 
just take it at face value and make it the best you reasonably can.  i can still remember the parts without it.  that's what i plan to claim back.  the gyne is not me and never was.  i won't miss it one bit.  death to gyne!  ;)

I just can't help but feel a little depressed about it all. 
postpartum depression makes no sense either.  but you're a free man.  if you were a slave, would you respect yourself for wishing back for the "simplicity" of chains?  an op doesn't make every other problem disappear, but it was never supposed to.  it just takes away the invisible weights that made it worse.  you will always still have problems but you will have one big one less plus the lessons you took away from it.  if i could trade you my depression for yours, i would, gyne took a lot more from me that the average guy, and some people found out years later than even i did what it is.  anything you're facing now is what you would have faced before, but at least now you have a head start. 

it's your life.  nobody can live it for you.  be your own man and claim it now. 

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 12:39:11 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024