Author Topic: Is Glandular excision best for puffy nipples?  (Read 2867 times)

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
There are a lot of different kinds of surgery to help gyne.

It seems from most of the posts I've read that if you have puffy nipples, gland excision is the best way to go.

Any thoughts about that?

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Yes. If you have puffy nips and just go for lipo, you're not going to lose the puffy nips.

However, there's a general consensus forming that a combination of gland excision AND lipo achieves the best results in most cases.
etc.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Yes, do not get just excision or just lipo.  Have them both done by a PS who does lipo and excision and your chances of satisfaction will increase.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline ConeyNips

• Posting Member
I just set up my surgery for the 28th.
The surgeon i was referred to says he performs this operation all the time.. Im concerned though after seeing this thread.
 I definetley have the glandular type and can feel the hard masses behind both nipples. its a very mild case but it bothers the hell outta me.

My pectoral muscles are extremely defined and i say this because it would seem easier to define between the muscle and the glandular tissue in my case making no lipo necessary. thoughts??

Anyway, he said he would simply make a small incision at the bottom half of my nipple and remove the masses and then sew my nipple back--that No lipo was necessary.
 He also said that my insurance should cover it-- but still waiting for that to process.

Im going to have it done either way but in my case do you think excision only will be ok?

Thanks for all the input fellas

Offline pe175

• Silver Member
coney -  where did you go for your consultation?  What insurance do you use?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024