Author Topic: Slender, and SEVERE gyno (pics).  (Read 5407 times)

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
I have a terrible case of gyno that has plauged me for a little over a year now. It is absolutely maddening. In the summer time, I attend numerous pool parties, and in the winter I'm in my high school's show choir (Los Alamitos Sound FX) which means changing in front of most guys and girls. I've been hiding it pretty well for about a year now, but going on like this is absolutely maddening. I've worked for many years to build up both my upper and lower abs, all for nothing. I never realized how emotionally painful hiding your body can be. The good news is that when exposed to cold, they do go down considerably (still enough to be noticed well). I'm 15, going to be 16 in 2 weeks. What do I do? I would love surgery, but it is expensive and I want to try other options first. I find it quite hard to believe that modern science is completely stumped when it comes to the removal of man boobs through means other than surgery. The tissue underneath is almost all gland, not fat. Will this go away in time? How long? My endochronologist said that it'll be more than just a few months (which is very depressing). My hormone levels are fine, and he said that if it was really bothering me he'd refer me to a surgeon. I am fairly late going through puberty. Could these go away completely within the next year. In your experience, when do they start to go down, and how do they? I would love some answers. I found this site which is owned by a surgeon who does gyno removal for teens.

And I call BS on the whole 60% Gyno figure. I know over 100 guys my age, and have seen them with their shirts off, or with a thin shirt, not one of them has Gyno. I'm guessing the figure is more like 0.5-1% of guys. The rest are just morbidly obese.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:05:04 AM by BadCaseGyno »

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I would call BS on that statistic too, unless it means temporary gyno. Apparently a large number of adolescents get it but it subsides or vanishes within a couple of years. Of all the guys I know personally, only one of them has gyno (that I know of).

I would recommend you save yourself the distress and time of trying to find a non-surgical cure. Trust me, everyone has tried that route, and it doesn't work.

Since you're so young and have had it only a year, I don't know if your gyno will go away, it might. But if I had to bet money on it, I would say no. Thick, glandular tissue like that rarely goes away by itself - it's got to be removed by a surgeon. I had gyno for 13 years - I don't think it's possible to overestimate how much this shit fucks you up inside.

Good luck man.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
 :(

Is Tamoxofin , Anastrizol, or raloxifene and option for me? These have been proven to reduce breast size around 50% in guys with pubertal gyno. Although if my lab tests were normal, does that mean these won't work? If surgery is my only option, then surgery it is. But I'd prefer to explore other routes. Even a reduction in size without fully recessing I would accept.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 03:46:58 PM by BadCaseGyno »

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
:(

Is Tamoxofin , Anastrizol, or raloxifene and option for me? These have been proven to reduce breast size around 50% in guys with pubertal gyno. Although if my lab tests were normal, does that mean these won't work? If surgery is my only option, then surgery it is. But I'd prefer to explore other routes. Even a reduction in size without fully recessing I would accept.

I'm not familiar enough with those to give any advice - but personally I would rather not put myself through the disappointment if they didn't work, not to mention the possible side effects. But it's your call. Do what thou wilst, sir.

Offline thetodd

a years a bit late to be trying the drugs the gynes probally formed tissue now to be honest

ill be honest with you, taking the drugs probally will do zero damage. But your libido will be non exsistent its weird to describe and these drugs are VERY expensive on the black market (but highly availible) . This was my cocktail

30 Pills of letzerole
30 Pills of Cabergoline (every 3 months)

0.5mg of Letzerole every day
2 Pills of Cabergoline Every 3 days (spread them)
30mg of Tamoxifen a day (i continued the tamoxifen for about a year the other drugs are VERY expensive)

this will stop any estrogen in your system, but i spent about £900 on these drugs over the course of a year. And they did NOTHING . If you want to try the drugs then go to the doctor and get them prescribed! Also my gyne was about 8 years in so i was clutching at straws really!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
If I am to do the drugs, then it will definitely be through prescription. These drugs were only meant to work on pubertal gyne, not other types. If I understand correctly, don't these drugs eliminate the estrogen and encourage the testosterone. Will this not make me more manly (lower voice, more muscular, etc)? People on these forums seem to think that these drugs do not work, however online scientific journals say that they've pretty much worked on every pubertal gyne case they've encountered, but only to a certain extent.

I'm debating to go the drug or surgery route. I also have to bring this up with my parents. Last I talked to them, my dad was supportive of surgery but my mom wanted me to wait. I don't see the merit in waiting another year or two and allowing myself to become severely traumatized, only to have the surgery anyway. I'll bring it up with them soon and discuss my options. I would honestly be happy with a 50-60% reduction. My moobs are just barely too big to go unnoticed. A few cm's smaller and I wouldn't have much of a problem.

Offline mrstew12

• Posting Member
you have gyno but but on the pro side it can be alot worser i think you can get away with it if you wear a vest 

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
Yea, I'm not worried about it poking through clothes. It doesnt as long as I wear two shirts. I'm more worried about the pool or beach.

Offline PBC

• Bronze Member
I agree, the 60% stat is a load of crap. I know one other person that has had gyne and he was on the juice so that doesn't count as far as I am concerned. I had pubertal (is that even a word???) between the ages 12-14, and it went away on its own. It didn't look as severe as yours though, more like a hard sore lump the size of a pea under each nipple. It was another ten years before it reared its ugly head again. In my estimation, you will most likely need surgery to resolve the situation. Which brings up another issue of surgeons being reluctant to operate on people your age. I feel for you my friend, this condition makes a person want to kill,puke,die, or all three at once. Best of luck, and take solace in the knowledge that eventually it CAN be cured. (start saving now if u can)

Offline kingboob

Yeah I agree with this 60% figure being BS. 

I am 23 & gyne free now, but when I was in school I can not remember seeing any other lads in the changing rooms with any kind of gyne at all........... I was the only one going to extreme lengths not to be seen shirtless after gym class (to the point of ditching school completely on gym days to avoid having to go through the ordeal!) even the other fat kids didn't have boobs.......  at aged 14 mine were bigger than most of the girls in my class, which was severely depressing.

So bollocks to the idea that it just shrinks and vanishes away after puberty - I think the sudden surge in testosterone during puberty probably causes some guys hormones to become unbalanced and grow excess gland tissue (worse in fat guys as well), in some  cases it may shrink down after a few months, but once it has been there 6 months plus you are screwed without surgery IMO.

If you are in the UK you should push as hard as possible to get this removed on the NHS.... if not start saving and letting all family members know how much it is bothering you - maybe they can help come up with the cash?

He said your hormones are fine - but I have heard that line before as well, I would try and get exact copies of blood tests and get a second opinion.  I mean did this doctor test for estradiol / E2, which could cause gyne if the levels are too high in men. (testosterone in high levels coverts to estradiol in men, hence why we can get gyne during puberty and why body builders who use roids end up with bitch breasts)

You need to know everything is 100% before you have it removed - regrowth would be a disaster!

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:01:08 PM by kingboob »

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
My Eristradrol or whatever is 29 Pg/ml.

anonymous1

My case looked almost identical to yours.  I coped by just getting fat in HS.  Now in college I decided to do something, I worked out hard and saved for surgery and just had it about a month ago.  I am now back 4500 bucks, but have never been happier in my life!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I don't know where you got the 60% figure, but I am sure it was an exaggeration.

I think 50% may be a reasonable number if you are willing to concede that some of these experienced resolution without treatment and the eventual number is nearer 30%.

Further, some of those in the 30% group may not necessarily have visible Gynecomastia, but have slightly enlarged glands which can be palpated.

The 60% figure may be realistic if you were to limit your sample group to men over the age of 70. In that age group, medications and declining testosterone levels are often the culprit.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024