Author Topic: How come I never heard of that technique before?  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Ninby

• Posting Member
Hi everyone!!

I already know about the gynecomastia surgery, which is basically liposuction for fat removal and an incision along the lower part of the areola to remove the breast tissue..but I came across a video on youtube, which discusses another type of surgery for fat and tissue removal. The dr. was sayin that they liposuction the fat (by power assisted liposuction), and then they remove the lipo tube and remove the gland through the small incision made by the liposuction (by using the 2 tools he showed in the video). That way, no1 wud risk a scar. This technique sounds really odd coz it's the 1st time I heard of it!

Check out from 4:40 to 6:08 in the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uTMqz0IYbc 

Has any1 of you heard of this technique?!  ???

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yeah, Dr. Lista says that he can remove gland through the lipo incision...

Do a search on the 'Canadian' board for 'Lista'. You'll find plenty of info on Dr. Lista's technique.

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
search power assisted lipo, also known as pal, and you'll find lots of posts, it's nothing new, though they always sell it that way.  the reviews are mixed, not everyone's satisfied with the results on getting the gland, and i believe dr bermant may've said on a recent thread if i'm not misquoting him that it can increase scarring.  if you want better odds of satisfaction, go excision. 

people always worry about scarring, but if the ps just cuts on the edge of the areola, not only does it hide well, probably not noticeable in 9-12 months, but he's got a much better look at what needs doing. 

avoid lipo only no matter what the ps says unless he's willing to guarantee results 100%, in writing, no costs to you, up to a year out, no questions asked.  i bet he won't make that guarantee. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I am familiar with Dr Lista's technique and instruments and indeed use them, as well as my own specially designed cannula, in performing my gyne operations.  But, as you might suspect, these techniques are not appropriate for 100% of operations -- and sometimes a peri-areolar incision is necessary in order to obtain the best possible result. Surgeons performing gyne surgery should be conversant with many techniques and instruments involved in doing this operation.

I think many people fear the peri-areolar scar -- unnecessarily.  If the incision is made carefully and sutured in several layers with precision, the resulting scar if often barely noticeable (obviously after it has healed for several months).

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024