Author Topic: High Bilirubin count  (Read 3601 times)

Offline tomorrow

• Posting Member
My total testosterone levels came back at 402 which Doc says is good. I got more blood drawn and they're going to do a more extensive screening. I listed a bunch of things to check for that I got from doing my own research. I have an appointment with an Endo next month as well. The only thing that came out high was my bilirubin count which he said could indicate Gilbert's. I noticed Gilbert's is listed on the gyne homepage but how does this contribute to gyne? I'm trying to figure out every possible cause.

Offline allbah

• Bronze Member
I was surprised to see gilbert's syndrome listed in some web sites as a cause of gynecomastia. The standard teaching in all medical schools is that Gilbert' is a completely benign condition. I have searched some of the respectable medical references and I did not find gilbert listed as a cause of gyne.
Furthermore understanding the pathophysiology of Gilbert's doesn't explaine why it should cause breast enlargement because the enzymes that are reduced in the liver in Gilbert's are those responsible for the conversion of bilirubin from water insoluble to water soluble and really have nothig to do with androgens or testosterone.
If I find any respectable literature i will update you.
one can never prepare to win a war, but one can prepare not to be defeated.

Offline tomorrow

• Posting Member
Thanks allbah. I'm trying to cover all my bases here as my doctor can't figure out the cause of my gyne. He mentioned Gilbert's but didn't relate it in any way to gyne. I was just wondering for my own sake. With testosterone levels in the 400s I'm really at a loss here. Besides to the elevated bilirubin levels, my liver screening came out fine.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024