Author Topic: To the younger guys that went through the surgery, are you better within days?  (Read 3204 times)

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
Hi, I'm a 16 year old guy that has had gyno for about 2 years now. I'm getting surgery in about a week, and the insurance is covering it. I talked to a plastic surgeon about it, and he can honestly say that he is amazed by how fast the younger patients heal, sometimes they'll be relatively normal in a matter of days. My operating PS said it will be six weeks flat, but I get the feeling he's reciting the stuff he learned in med school, which focuses on adults and is designed to cover his ass. The only reason I ask is because I asked this girl I like to the homecoming dance (she said yes), which is unfortunately five days after my surgery. Sooo I'm going to take it super easy for the majority of those days (no school, plenty of rest, water, etc), and there's not a lot of heavy dancing that goes on at the dance (I'm not exactly a B-boy). What are my chances of not being completely worn out at the dance? To the young, thin, and healthy guys like me responding: how did you feel five days after the surgery?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
How long it takes for you to heal is very much up to you and only slightly up to the surgeon.

Your individual physiology and how well you follow the pre and post operative instructions probably have greater effect on how long it takes for you to heal than anything the surgeon does.
Grandpa Dan

Offline freefromG

• Bronze Member
you prolly wont be worn out as in tired, but you will be sore, definately wont want to do anything where your arms are moving around too much, and if she gets into it and you do any twists and stuff (haha why you would do his i dont know) you will be in a fair bit of discomfort, i dont know how old you are but you will def not want to get vertical later in the night, unless she knows what youve been through. I would be taking it real easy. there is quite a difference between the first week (couldnt drive very well at all) and about 2.5 weeks when you can move around alot freer. im at 5 weeks and will wait till the 6week mark to hit the gym properly again, and thats without bench press.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

The only reason I ask is because I asked this girl I like to the homecoming dance (she said yes).

You should be okay at the dance dude. Just take it easy and no reaching over your head...

Enjoy!!!  ;)

GB...

Offline freefromG

• Bronze Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
yep im 24 hours and like 30min. from my surgery and im sore!!  Nurses told me that it's because of the lipo Dr. Herzsak did first!  He must have hit the lipo real hard lol cause my pecs are very sore.  im moving very slowly around the house and take my time getting in and out of bed but your surgery prolly won't be worst than mine.   And to answer your question about younger people recovering faster idk but you're younger and your skin is tighter so it will most likely come out looking pretty normal in the end i would think anyway.
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024