Author Topic: Does your gyne kill your motivation to hit the gym and get in great shape?  (Read 3816 times)

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
There have been times when I've been in excellent shape.  However, I still never looked good in a t shirt and certainly don't look good with a shirt off.  So, after getting as "diesel" as I could, I would just say screw it and quit, and become a couch potato again.  I always figured: if the gynecomastia is always there regardless, what's the point?

Has this happened to anybody else?

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
yep!!  I certainly have man! I know exactly how you feel!! 
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I have always enjoyed physical activity. Very outdoorsy, I hiked, climbed, rowed and paddled. Hardly ever did a month go by without at least an overnight hike and summer meant at least two treks of a week or longer.

Gymnasiums were, I thought, for wage slaves who couldn't get any "real" exercise. It was quite a revelation for me that some people actually enjoyed going to such places.
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

There have been times when I've been in excellent shape.  However, I still never looked good in a t shirt and certainly don't look good with a shirt off.  So, after getting as "diesel" as I could, I would just say screw it and quit, and become a couch potato again.  I always figured: if the gynecomastia is always there regardless, what's the point?

Has this happened to anybody else?

Yes, I have had many patients explain this concern. That is why I took the time to demonstrate years ago pictures and movies the temporizing advantages of Body Shaping Garments for Gynecomastia. The garment offers an Emotional Band-Aide, giving a good contour while wearing the garment such that there are less contour concerns while working out.  Many many patients have related to me how such compression helped with the contour and bouncing while they were working out decreasing the stress.  Once the fat has been optimized, then surgery can help with the remaining glandular issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
i feel you dude.. i'm, in good shape but i don't look good wearing plain shirts or anything... damN! it's depressing

Offline broman

• Posting Member
I have it and i go like 5 times a week. It kills my motivation when i see guys working out in tank tops and tight fitting gear, but you just cant worry about it because "g" will drive you not want to work out.

You just have to stay positive, if you dont it will take over.

DrBermant

i feel you dude.. i'm, in good shape but i don't look good wearing plain shirts or anything... damN! it's depressing

Yes, there can be a great deal of Stress and Emotion Living with Gynecomastia. That link goes to a video of a patient who expressed such feelings quite well.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024