Author Topic: Dealing with bandages post-op  (Read 2269 times)

Offline SpecK

• Posting Member
Hello all,

I'm new to posting here but I've been browsing the discussion boards for months. Lots of helpful information here! I'm about 11 days post-op with Dr. Fielding in To. and I was just wondering how many of you managed with the tensor bandages. Man, I can hardly get the tensor wrap to stay in place while I'm doing any activity that involves chest and arm movement. I have no problems while sleeping but during the day I'm constantly having to re-adjust the bandaging until it finally bunches up and requires re-wrapping.   ???
I've ordered a compresion vest(990) but I'd like to use the tensor as well. Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Offline SpecK

• Posting Member
Just to update, I ended up getting a pair of the underworks compression vests(990's) and they are doing the trick right now.  It's a little hot in this sweltering weather but worth the money as now I don't have to fidget with the bandages every 15 minutes.

I've been instructed to keep the compression on for 4 - 6 weeks so this should be a lot easier to handle! I use the bandages at night, loosened up to sleep, and use an underarmour shirt for the gym.  Works out just right for me!  :)

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
Hey Speck...

I also purchased a velcro tensor wrap, which I plan on using. I don't know how it will work out for me.. Guess time will tell..

Did Dr. Fielding ask you to wear for 4-6 weeks?
Because I was told on monday  to wear it for 3-4 weeks?

How are you satisfied with your results thus far?

Offline SpecK

• Posting Member
Raven,

The doctor did ask me to wear compression for 6 weeks. I had lipo and a glandular excision so maybe the long duration was needed due to the extent of the surgery.

I found the tensor bandages to be a hassle especially in this hot weather. I'm completely satisfied with the compression vests I got since I just wear them like an undershirt and don't have to worry or think about it. They're no hotter than a typical undershirt and I never have to adjust it. I loosen them for sleeping at night but there's still adequate compression.

As for the results, I'm completely satisfied as I've just removed the small bandages over the nipple area and apart from some some skin being raised due to minor scarring - which I'm sure will recede in time based on comments I've read on the board - my chest is completely different. In fact I don't even recognise it since I had no real idea how I would look without the gyno. I can now wear any shirt I want and once the vest is off and I keep hitting the gym I'll be going shirtless and taking my kids to the pool and water park.

It's like a whole new lease on life as far as I'm concerned. My only regret is I didn't look into it sooner.. ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024